Thread: silverado closes throttle and dies

Advanced Tuner

silverado closes throttle and dies

Greetings

i am helping to tune a 2008 silverado. on WOT it closes throtle and dies, then it would not start until you erase all codes.

5 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0521 - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0606 - Control Module Internal Performance (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0717 - Input Speed Sensor Circuit Low Input (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P2764 - Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Low (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned
    [] P0606 - Control Module Internal Performance
    [] P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance

we have tried 3 diffeten throttles , checked wiring and it keeps doing it... any ideas are welcome, here is the tune

what kind of intake are you using? are you spraying any nitrous?

*Edit* looks like a forced inducted motor... what colour are the blades on the throttle bodies you are using.. I've had the same problems on some Magnacharged trucks.. at WOT it would just go into REP coz the motor wasn't strong enough to hold the throttle body steady.

Spoke with Joe@leftcoast and he informed me they were R&Ding a new nick williams TB for the trucks that would work properly. Try getting in touch, or try the copper coloured Throttle bodies.
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 09-01-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    I got the aluminum TB.. I use a Holley Hi RAM at 24 psi, no nitrous.

We have used a cooper one ( stock for the truck) and it keeps doing the same

thanks