Thread: quick PCM wiring question

Tuner

quick PCM wiring question

2 questions

I have a 99 LS1 ECU from a holden commodore in australia

now i'm just trying to finish the wiring and i've been stalled on the speedometer

1) i have pin 20 & 21 which are "HI" and "LO" respectively for VSS, these are drawn on the diagram and make a circuit via the VSS sensor

now where i'm stuck is i'm retro fitting a dakota digital speed sensor for my powerglide and being a two wire, one is an earth and one is signal

can anyone clarify if it's wired in a loop or if it's signal wire to "HI" and earth to earth

2) the VSS output is marked as pin 50 on the US wiring diagram but not mentioned on the australia wiring diagrams (speedo is via BCM as far as im aware), is this just a case of wiring and it will function as normal? (wiring to autometer speedo

thanks for any help
    stock 99' LS1 + powerglide
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    #80lb siemens @ 43.5psi rail pressure on E85
    return fuel system runing 1:1 FPR
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Quote Originally Posted by vltrb-0 View Post
    2 questions
    1) i have pin 20 & 21 which are "HI" and "LO" respectively for VSS, these are drawn on the diagram and make a circuit via the VSS sensor

can anyone clarify if it's wired in a loop or if it's signal wire to "HI" and earth to earth
    Yes, it gives a sine-wave signal so it doesn't matter. But Vss ground to LOW and Vss signal to HI works good.

Quote Originally Posted by vltrb-0 View Post
    2) the VSS output is marked as pin 50 on the US wiring diagram but not mentioned on the australia wiring diagrams (speedo is via BCM as far as im aware), is this just a case of wiring and it will function as normal? (wiring to autometer speedo
    I don't know anything about Australian PCMs
    For US operating systems pin 50 is a square-wave speed output, 4000 pulses/mile, It should work with your speedo.

If it doesn't, you can wire it directly from the dakota Vss Signal wire to Speedo SIG terminal, just splice the wire, solder and isolate.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Yes, it gives a sine-wave signal so it doesn't matter. But Vss ground to LOW and Vss signal to HI works good.

I don't know anything about Australian PCMs
    For US operating systems pin 50 is a square-wave speed output, 4000 pulses/mile, It should work with your speedo.

If it doesn't, you can wire it directly from the dakota Vss Signal wire to Speedo SIG terminal, just splice the wire, solder and isolate.
    cheers for that i wanted to be sure as i wasn't 100% sure on the signal the dakota sensor put out

i'll assume pin 50 is active just not used as this was the case for cooling fan output 2 in australian models also (for some reason they ran it through the BCM)

The autometer is standard 4k ppm and worst case i can adjust via settings

very much appreciate the confirmation
    stock 99' LS1 + powerglide
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    #80lb siemens @ 43.5psi rail pressure on E85
    return fuel system runing 1:1 FPR
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune