Thread: Advice please, am I too fussy ?

Advanced Tuner

Advice please, am I too fussy ?

I have been trying to dial in the maf as I made some modifications to my car. I am using lambda error with my wideband to do it. I log, copy, paste, etc, etc following the methods discussed here on the forums.
    My question is this... I do logs for abought 5 -7 minutes covering rpms up to 4000, and then paste the percent error. I now have it to the point where I am under 2% average in all the maf cells. Whats bugging me is that although I am satisifed with that average error, when I watch the log it runs from about 10% lean to 10% rich in various places.
    Should i ignore this and just be satisfied with the average of a 5 - 7 minute drive, or should it be a tighter range throughout ? I notice that when i do a copy/paste and then start to log again, it idles rich on startup for the first minute or 2 and then idles right on commanded from then on. Normal ??

Thanks for any advice. This is bugging me but maybe its the norm.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

A MAF is an imperfect piece of hardware. It happens.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

it's going to vary since the road varies, the wind varies, fuel varies, etc etc. that's why you use an average over time to tune it. if you look at one snapshot at a point in time, who knows what you will see. when you stare at the computer logging and see wild swings, your mind is only seeing brief snapshots and trying to process them. this is misleading.

Yep, average calculated days is the way to get it set to where you want to be. And remember, the computer can only think so fast. Which is why a tune, as good as it can be, will never be perfect.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys. I feel better about my tuning abilities now that 3 experts have chimed in.

2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000