Thread: Stoich reading

Tuner in Training

Stoich reading

Should I make my gasoline stoich reading at 14.67 the same for the whole table, all the way across?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    If you don't plan to run ethanol yes
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

unless of course you are running E10.....make it 14.2

Tuner in Training
    This is what I currently have in Stoich AFR. I have all bolt on 5.3 truck with front mount 76 turbo. I was wondering if I could get some clarification on this. I will have Gregs first DVD tomorrow

Thanks.

Edit: I am also running a 50/50 meth water mix.

Looks like a stock table...

I change it all to match whatever fuel I am running. If E10 is in the tank, 14.2....If E85, 9.77.....If C12 is in there, 15.0, etc...

The widebands (and narrowbands) are going to switch off lambda, not whatever is in this table. If you tune open loop with a wideband this table means nothing.

Set it to your fuel and when you finish tuning and go back into closed loop, the table will help your fuel trims be in line.

I believe the table is only read and used as it is displayed if the vehicle is a Flex Fuel vehicle. On a new Camaro, it is not Flex Fuel so I think it only uses 14.68. Not sure though, someone else could clarify. Either way, changing it all to one value gives more control over the fuel in the tank, IMO.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Looks like a stock table...

I change it all to match whatever fuel I am running. If E10 is in the tank, 14.2....If E85, 9.77.....If C12 is in there, 15.0, etc...

The widebands (and narrowbands) are going to switch off lambda, not whatever is in this table. If you tune open loop with a wideband this table means nothing.

Set it to your fuel and when you finish tuning and go back into closed loop, the table will help your fuel trims be in line.

I believe the table is only read and used as it is displayed if the vehicle is a Flex Fuel vehicle. On a new Camaro, it is not Flex Fuel so I think it only uses 14.68. Not sure though, someone else could clarify. Either way, changing it all to one value gives more control over the fuel in the tank, IMO.
    If the vehicle is not Flex Fuel, then the 0% column is what will be used for stoich. So, if the OP is running E10, he should set the 0% column to 14.13.

What is strange though is that when logging and if I have 14.13 in that table, the Air Fuel Ratio Commanded High Res returns a value of 14.10. Maybe a bug in the software or it is intended.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado