Thread: Two Tune Comparison File Review

Tuner in Training

Two Tune Comparison File Review

Hi all. I have two separate tunes that were done using two separate companies and was wondering if anyone would take a look and give feedback regarding which one you think is the better tune. I've noticed on one tune the knock sensors are disabled and the other is enabled with MIL light on 2nd. Do you recommend they be disabled? Otherwide just take a look at each file and let me know your thoughts. 1988 Fiero with 3800 SC, 4t65E trans w spring shift kit. Engine has 1x blower cam, headers, ported heads, ported blower, 3.4 pulley, motor has been balanced, 3 inch exhaust w flowmaster muffler. Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    KR should never be disabled. Make them react to a KR event faster if you like, but disable them... no way bud, this is before I even open the files
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    I figured as much but wanted to check with others as well. I have turned them back on. Thanks. If you notice anything else let me know. Just trying to figure out what parts of each tune are best. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Didnt look at tunes but personally I would stay away from the one that disabled the knock sensor, if they did that they most likely f@#ked everything up.
    JMHO

Senior Tuner
    Shift points need to be fixed in there as well. Your WOT shift and Normal shift at 100% TPS should match.
    Shift pressure is pretty low and shift speed could be droped a little too. The shift pressure caped at 96 is a good thing, leave that where it is
    You have performance Shift button in your car? If so, increase the performance table and leave the normal alone if desired. if you do not have the button, then adjust the normal one up. A great way to do this one I got from Russ a few years back... clear out the shift pressure table, place 0 in the first column and 60 in the last. Interpolate the table and you should see a rise from 0 in the first to 60 in the last. Copy that table, then undo changes so the original table is back. Then paste special add... give that a try and see how it feels
    Last edited by MMGT1; 08-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks
    I looked at the wot and normal shift tables Do i change them all to match upshift and down shift how much should i drop the shift speed do you have a table that you can copy Yes i have a preformance shift button i would like to have it set for race and normal for cruseing but i want positive shift on both just more harsh on performance i got this trans tune off the form i had a issue withe the torq conveter lock out i only changed the tables in the auto shift speed section but now i have a copy of the complete tune and change every thing in the transmission sections to match i have not down loaded this into the car yet i want to make sure it is good to go before i drive it The transmission tune before this one i was stock it was really slow shifting Is there a way i can make my overdrive not engage intell after 65 mph The transmission is a 4t65e out of a 2003 grand prix gt pcm is a 2003 also
    once i get it to shift like i want we can look at the engine tune engine runs good but i thing need some adjusting
    thanks a lot for helping me with this i am kinda in the dark here in iowa no one tunes 3800 engines
    i will check each nite for any up dates
    thanks again brett

Advanced Tuner
    Brett, did you get the E-mail?
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    yes i got the emails thanks

Senior Tuner
    Progress??..
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training

tuneing

here is my changes so far please look over thanks

Senior Tuner
    Got a scan of the car running with this tune?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    not sure how to set that up to scan
    thanks

Senior Tuner
    Get a good 20 min log of the car driving around. Then post the log here
    2000 Trans Am WS6