Thread: Beginning tuning. Very, very wet behind the ears.

Tuner

Beginning tuning. Very, very wet behind the ears.

I'm used to tuning sbc/sbf with timing, fuel, air calibrations but an EFI setup is fairly new to me. I'm trying to get an LS3 running properly in my 01 Camaro still utilizing the stock PCM. I've been doing captures and trying to figure out where I'm running and adjust accordingly. I've managed to get it running somewhat steadily but I'm realizing that I'm going to need help.

I've attached the files requested in the stickies of a standard idle with a few throttle blips. There's some concerns I have.

The injector duty cycle is saying that it's running at around 4%. From my understanding, aren't they supposed to go up to around 80%?

I affected the injector millisecond timing by half and that helped the idle smooth out a bit. I still think it's starving for fuel though. No lean popping though from what I can tell/hear.

When doing a data capture I'm getting no form of data from the MAF. It's a Texas-Speed 100mm MAF with the racetronix adapter harness. Do I need to change the sensor that reads it in the scanner software?

I'm slowly getting there on my own but I figure I could get there faster with a little nudge here and there into the right direction. I'm no newb when it comes to turning wrenches, troubleshooting and somewhat advanced math. I just need to know how to apply said math to get my values to use.

I'm still reading the litany of stickies on beginning tuning. I'm getting a lot of it but there's still things that I don't know how to implement or affect properly yet. So my knowledge of how to use HP Tuners is still evolving.
    Last edited by kyphur; 08-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Jason
    01 Camaro Z28 LS3 525hp Built 4l60e
    74 Camaro Z28 LT 355 fully forged roller with t56 4.56 gears

PM sent

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C