Thread: disabling anthitheft

Tuner in Training

disabling anthitheft

I'm used to seeing pwm/serial/none under the security tab. For some reason I don't have a "none" option. The ecm is 97 buick park ave ultra, 3800sc in a fiero. Do I need to look somewhere else to disable the antitheft?

Senior Tuner
    post tune so we can look
    iirc it was mainly done with dtcs, however, last time i did one I was using a different interface.

Tuner in Training
    lookie

Senior Tuner
    Are you doing this because of a bad ignition cylinder or is it a conflict between the cylinder you have in the Fiero and and the 3800 PCM tune?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    The other choice may be to use the file from a 98 GTP as it did not have the function in the tune at all. Just may be the quickest, easiest way to fix the issue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    It is a transplant. I was hoping for a "key-in" fix rather than a "reflash, relicense, reload all tables fix." I remember having a problem with antitheft on one of these before, but I thought I had to email the file to have it removed. I thought that might be fixed by now.

My experience on the V6 cars is to leave the vats set to PWM, and set the antitheft codes to no error reported.

Russ Kemp