Thread: TCC Lockup Questions

TCC Lockup Questions

Can someone take a look at my TCC tables, etc and tell me if I have them setup correctly? I have 3.29 Gears with a Custom Converter (around 3,000stall). I'm just wanting to make sure all the TCC, etc tables are correct for cruise, WOT and all that and I'm getting the most power out of my converter.

Appreciate any help on this. I had someone help with the tuning on the transmission a while back and I'd like to verify and see if anything is out of place from what anyone sees.

My tune is attached.

Thanks!

Set the TCC max table to 100 & the min table to 50. This will eliminate the TCC slip.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Set the TCC max table to 100 & the min table to 50. This will eliminate the TCC slip.

Russ Kemp

Change every value in max to 100 and every value in min to 50? Just making sure I understand what you said. Let me know and thank you.

You got it! The higher you set the min table, the harsher the TCC locks.

Russ Kemp

Sounds good. I'll make the changes. Here are all 4 tables if you can take a quick peek. The minimum table doesn't have any values in the 50's so I was just curious if raising it was better. The TCC Apply/Release tables...are they correct when it locks up and releases? The car has a decent stall and 3.29's, but I've had some mixed opinions on what it should be set at. Let me know if you can, I would appreciate as I don't want to ruin this converter if it's locking and unlocking all the time as I do throw a PO719 code every now and then. So I'm wondering if that's what's going on.

Thanks,
    Amir

Advanced Tuner
    Take a look at mine, just for another view point.
    I did have the 100/50. It was a little to harsh for me.
    I created a compromise.

Works for me.

Oh ya, perf shift, no TC lock.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Do you not want the transmission to go into lockup at WOT? This is a 4t65e-hd transmission. I thought lockup should engage at like 90 right when it goes into 3rd for me??

Advanced Tuner
    Don't really remember the reasons.
    "too much stress" on the TC
    no lock up when going WOT.
    I wish I could remove the KR in that transition period between cruise and "slowly" pressing the pedal to the floor, just before the TC unlocks.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Senior Tuner
    Max to 100 and min to 50 are good numbers. Just remember to raise the engage speeds a little so you don't feel like you are in two gears.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Just a question about this, i installed a shift kit from Trans Go in my accumulator ( several springs for 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift ), my two tables of the TCC minimum and maximum are standard.

It is recommended to change these values ?

Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    You can still adjust those tables to your liking, your dealing with torque converter settings here, not shift pressures which you have adjusted mechanically now. You'll find a value of 100 for MAX is a good standard, play with the MIN value to adjust feel
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Thanks for the reply MMGT1