Thread: Hi & Low Octane spark tables

Tuner in Training

Hi & Low Octane spark tables

Hi friends! I am "young" HPt tuner.
    Could you explain me, when ECM work using for Spark manage Hi Octane table values, and when Low Octane table for spark advance? There have not a Switch to direct choose Hi or Low in the soft. Is it ECM primarily put to use Hi Octane table, and if more knocks occured,ECM swithcing to Low octane table use? Or other rule?
    Yesterday, i tuned Escalade EXT 2007, 6.2l and used Diablo Tune values for Hi octane Spark table only (Low octane was not changing). This car owner use 87 octane only and at once after flashing i get log. There have stable knock retards up to 15. I'll check again in a few days and it will be interesting to see whether changes to the knocks? What do you think?
    Last edited by SpecD; 08-22-2012 at 09:22 AM.

This topic was recently discussed .... see thread linked below ...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40116

Try using the search function - lots of good information readily available.

It learns to somewhere in between based on knock. Usually to tune timing, make both tables the same, remove timing where necessary and add it where you can. On pump gas.

Technically, you should sit on a dyno and find MBT, what timing value makes the most torque in each cell.....but let's be honest with ourselves. Only a couple people ever do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    It learns to somewhere in between based on knock. Usually to tune timing, make both tables the same, remove timing where necessary and add it where you can. On pump gas.

Technically, you should sit on a dyno and find MBT, what timing value makes the most torque in each cell.....but let's be honest with ourselves. Only a couple people ever do that.
    If gas was cheap, time was available, and we got paid very handsomely......
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    This topic was recently discussed .... see thread linked below ...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40116

Try using the search function - lots of good information readily available.
    Sorry.I still poorly know English, so far it is problems to search, but i will study. Thanks for the link. I hope in the future I will be better to know English in order to communicate with you on this forum.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

Thank you.It is useful info for me.
    I have studied either courses tuning from Thetuningschool, so I know something of the theory. What about couple people..thanks too

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecD View Post
    Sorry.I still poorly know English, so far it is problems to search, but i will study. Thanks for the link. I hope in the future I will be better to know English in order to communicate with you on this forum.
    Don't feel bad, you know English a lot better than we know Russian.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wbear View Post
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by wbear View Post
    Compared to many posts I have read across various forums including here, I would say he has a better grasp on English than several who speak it as a first language. Well done!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    Compared to many posts I have read across various forums including here, I would say he has a better grasp on English than several who speak it as a first language. Well done!
    O, no! I still have to learn and learn.Still Google translator is my helper.
    Due to all your links and help, I understood how it works, and more than that, well understand the GM ECM routine as for knock retard, learn factor and more. Thanks again.