Thread: no 3 bar for me?

no 3 bar for me?

hey guys i have a big twin turbo build going on with my 04 ctsv and just hit a big snag.

i hooked up hpt pro to get started doing some small changes to the tune be for i take the cat to my tuner. in the OS tab it only offers 1 or 2 bar map.im sure im going to need the 3 bar option to make the power im aiming for.
    do i need to change the ecu? if so what ecu can i use that supports the 3bar option and will work in the car?
    is it going to cost me extra credits to change the ecu to my vin?
    if i cant change the ecu could i just rescale the tables for the 3bar with less resolution? (tune with the 2 bar tables but use a 3 bar map)

im super lost here

-alex

for giggles I pulled up the CTSV file I have from 05

here is what I got.

NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

email support please.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    hey guys i have a big twin turbo build going on with my 04 ctsv and just hit a big snag.

i hooked up hpt pro to get started doing some small changes to the tune be for i take the cat to my tuner. in the OS tab it only offers 1 or 2 bar map.im sure im going to need the 3 bar option to make the power im aiming for.
    do i need to change the ecu? if so what ecu can i use that supports the 3bar option and will work in the car?
    is it going to cost me extra credits to change the ecu to my vin?
    if i cant change the ecu could i just rescale the tables for the 3bar with less resolution? (tune with the 2 bar tables but use a 3 bar map)

im super lost here

-alex
    hey i have this problem too, did you ever get 3bar VCM enhancement ? iv read threads where someone having a 03 or 05 and even 04s which is what i have as you, having the 3bar enhancement.. please let me know... i need 3bar badly

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    hey i have this problem too, did you ever get 3bar VCM enhancement ? iv read threads where someone having a 03 or 05 and even 04s which is what i have as you, having the 3bar enhancement.. please let me know... i need 3bar badly
    You should upgrade to the newer 12587603 operating system via tech2(gm dealer flash tool) which we offer 3 bar for. You are using a preproduction operating system from the looks of it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You should upgrade to the newer 12587603 operating system via tech2(gm dealer flash tool) which we offer 3 bar for. You are using a preproduction operating system from the looks of it.
    Thanks again, but have quick question, once i get this new OS from GM, will i need to buy more credits to get into my VCM or will my current licenses still be in effect with the new updated OS from GM ?

Oh and since i have mods like cam GM hotcam, motor will not run with stock values, how will i go about doing this, should i leave edited values in when i take the truck to them, or revert back to the stock, and once they update the OS do the edited values stay in ? lol sorry brain went nuts after i started typing the first question once i started thinking about it all..

will they even have this OS you speak of .. 2004 was a long time ago ?
    haha ok thats all i think lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    As long as they don't screw up your vcm id number block because of incompetency your old license should work without issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"