Thread: LS7 with LS9 injectors. Switching to vac referenced regulator

LS7 with LS9 injectors. Switching to vac referenced regulator

I have an LS7 with LS9 injectors. I plumbed the fuel system with a firewall mounted Aeromotive regulator and would like to try running with with manifold vac reference. I have read several posts on this, but would like to make sure that I am doing this right. First, set the base fuel pressure to 58 psi and set all cells in the IFR table to 56.4 lb/hr. Should I set the Offset Select to MAP instead of Vaccum? The Offset vs. volts vs MAP table is all zeroed out. Should I copy values from the Offset vs. Pressure vs. IGNV at 58 psi column to all columns in the MAP table?

TIA.

56.4 lb/hr? LS9's flow 52.5 lb/hr at 58psi.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    56.4 lb/hr? LS9's flow 52.5 lb/hr at 58psi.
    Hmm. Really? I must have been given a spreadsheet with misinformation. No wonder it ran a little lean when I put the LS9 injectors and values in. Do you have the correct spreadsheet for the LS9 injectors?

It's interesting that Lingenfelter lists the LS9 injectors at 56.4 lb/hr at 58psi. http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C77

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

OK. Found this.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37484

It looks like there is a lot of bad info floating arround about injectors. I changed the IFR table to 52.5

Now back to the original quesiton. So I set the offset option to MAP instead of Vac and then modify the Offset vs. volts vs MAP table? Sound right so far????
    Last edited by HRD; 08-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.

You're on the right track now.

If I could see your tune I'd be happy to tell you but right now I'm on mobile. Hopefully Dave will chime in real quick and at least provide a thread to research.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

OK, so here's what I have done so far. I changed all the IFR cells to 52.5 lb/hr. I put the offset select back to Vac. I downloaded a ZR1 LS9 stock tune file for reference. In that calibration, the Offset vs Press vs IgnV table doesn't have a column for 58psi, so I interpolated between the 56.3psi and 59.2psi columns to get the values for 58psi and pasted those values into every column in my LS7 tune file. The result is attached.
    Thanks for the help and feedback.

Copy the injector data from this file and be done with it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Got it. Thanks!

Thanks Dave. (Even though he says mean stuff and hurts my feelings all the time, he covers my ass when I request it.)
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 08-21-2012 at 03:14 AM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

I used Dave's injector #'s and it seems to be working well. Thank you!

Dave,

I noticed that most of the offset #'s that are in the data that you provided are the same as the ones I got from interpolating between the two columns in the LS9 stock tune, but a few are quite different. Would you mind sharing how you came up with them?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Polynomial regression of the LS9 offset table.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Polynomial regression of the LS9 offset table.
    What he means is that he used either a spreadsheet or calculator to come up with differences per section compared to the offset of the axis(s)

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    What he means is that he used either a spreadsheet or calculator to come up with differences per section compared to the offset of the axis(s)
    No, I mean I wrote my own Excel spreadsheet to find a polynomial representation of the offset table, and used it to calculate values for any axis label I choose.

No, I mean I wrote my own Excel spreadsheet to find a polynomial representation of the offset table, and used it to calculate values for any axis label I choose.
    Same dif, lol at least it works the same way.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 08-22-2012 at 10:37 AM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Potential Tuner
    Copy the injector data from this file and be done with it.
    can you attach the file ? i need the data also , thanks

Anyway you could share this injector data again DSteck? I found the Zr1 excel sheet on another thread, just got a bit confused reading through some of your responses on calculations for running this in a c6 z06.

Thanks for your time! I know this is an older post.

Tuner in Training
    Did you get this worked out? I would love to see the finalized numbers for the LS7 using Ls9 injectors