Thread: Stock whipple tune

Stock whipple tune

I have ordered the tuner kit from Whipple for my 09 Silverado I feel comfortable with tuning it just wondering if anyone out there had there stock file just so I could look it over while I wait on my setup to get here. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
    2009 Z71 5.3 1.9 maggy 13 psi. 86 c10 408 lsx 4.0 whipple 22 psi on 93

Tuner in Training
    I have the tune as supplied to me for my 2010 Sierra Denali so it's wont be exactly the same. The Whipple tune has pretty limited changes anyway. From a foggy memory, the idle, PE, main spark, KR, and TM were tweaked. The PE stuff wouldn't be very helpful to you as the throttle enable values are much smaller. I guess the spark would be helpful, but I ended up changing them quite a bit because my truck was surging at light cruise. The bottom left cells were the most changed as, obviously, the PD supercharger operates more in that region and the stock advance is generally too high.

I guess what I'm saying is if you have even a moderate ability to manipulate your tune, you will not end up needing the Whipple tune. They don't change MAF, or VE tables. The PE EQ is WAY too rich at higher RPM's. FWIW, I had no knowledge on tuning last year when I started looking at the Whipple supplied tune but, with a lot of reading and very minimal adjustments, I knocked nearly a second off of my 1/4 mile times between theirs and mine.

If you want to take a look, I'll post it up.

Tuner in Training
    Here are 2 files. The 2010 file is pretty much as supplied to me by Whipple and the 2008 file is from a 2008 GM truck with L92 and Whipple kit. I included it because it might be a little closer to your stock tune (though i recognize that both files are for 6.2L not 5.3L) but the truck had Ford GT500 injectors and the MAF transfer function was adjusted.

Thank you very much!!!
    2009 Z71 5.3 1.9 maggy 13 psi. 86 c10 408 lsx 4.0 whipple 22 psi on 93