Thread: Ford GT ECU Mail order

Advanced Tuner

Ford GT ECU Mail order

I've got all the connectors (bench) for GM Cars.
    I have to do mail order for a Ford Mustang GT 2008.
    The previous Tuned messed to tune badly (the GT is slower than a V6) and smoke.
    I know there is a trouble with voltage (15V or something like this) and I haven't found harness for this.

I've got a friend with a 07 GT.
    My question is : Can I plug the 08 PCM on my friend's car, read and flash it ? I've done it for GM cars.

Question #2 : where can I buy another Ford PCM tuned to VIN? (in case of the previous pcm is locked or corrupted)

you need to have FEPS voltage (18 volts on a certain pin) to flash on the bench, but with PATS on these cars you cannot get a replacement and just plug in without resyncing the keys to the new ECM. Once this is done, the keys will not work with the original pcm in most cases.

This is part of why a flash device is the prefered method of remote tuning ford vehicles.

Ryan

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998Ws6 View Post
    you need to have FEPS voltage (18 volts on a certain pin) to flash on the bench, but with PATS on these cars you cannot get a replacement and just plug in without resyncing the keys to the new ECM. Once this is done, the keys will not work with the original pcm in most cases.

This is part of why a flash device is the prefered method of remote tuning ford vehicles.

Ryan
    The goal is not to start the car, just read/write. Is it a problem to plug the ECM on another mustang?

Do you know a place where I can buy a ford bench (with 18volts adapter)

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever get an answer for this I need to take the PCM out of my car and put it in another car just for tuning no start just read write due to a damange harness at the data link connector?

It's no problem to put ECU to another car and read/tune/flash it even if You have no corresponding keys. I did this several times with success.
    I do this only when someone can't start car due some reason and then he have to come to me for fine tune.

The only think I didn't tried to put v6 to v8 car to read v6.

What I do also is sending HPT with instructions how to read and write.
    Customer read tune, send me, I modify, he write, goes to make log, send me log, I modify tune, he write, and finally send me HPT back...
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl