Thread: Which AC wire to log WB through.

Tuner in Training

Which AC wire to log WB through.

I have read numerous threads that say i need to log wideband data through the AC pressure switch/ sensor. It is supposed to be a red/black wire? So which wire would that be for a 01 tahoe? I have A/c request signal, A/C low pressure switch, A/C high pressure recirculation switch, or recirculation door control.
    None of these are red/ black which one do i log through? Can someone help?

I am using a MTX-l and will be using the factory o2 sensor location. thanks

I checked my diagrams and your suv doesn't have an A/C pressure sensor.
    It does have low and high switches but they are only ON/OFF, you need an analog input.

The only possible way is through EGR. It has brown, purple and gray wires. You need to tap to BROWN wire and see if you can log EGR volts and make a custom PID for WB readings.

You have no other option because there are no available PCM inputs suitable for a wideband
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Thats the answer i was looking for thanks. I was thinking i was missing something in my diagrams or something. Egr it is.

Potential Tuner
    would this be the same on a 2006 silverado? Iv been trying to do the same exact thing with my mtxl. I dont have the red/black wire either. just a blue wire and a black wire. Am i stuck enabling egr and wiring it in on pin 55 and 41? my truck didnt come with egr initially so I can not follow as above?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ehrke18 View Post
    would this be the same on a 2006 silverado? Iv been trying to do the same exact thing with my mtxl. I dont have the red/black wire either. just a blue wire and a black wire. Am i stuck enabling egr and wiring it in on pin 55 and 41? my truck didnt come with egr initially so I can not follow as above?
    Usually on the vehicles that came without EGR, you can still log it as long as you connect to the pin for EGR Pintle Position, and then set EGR to "enabled" in the tune, and flash it into the PCM. As long as all the EGR tables are zero'd out, switching it to enabled doesn't affect how the vehicle runs.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat