Thread: need tune help 3800 sc auto trans

Tuner in Training

need tune help 3800 sc auto trans

i am from iowa i have a hp tunner i am looking for some who know more about tuneing then i do i have a 88 fiero with a 3800 super charged in it auto 4t65e trans i am looking for some one who will tune my car with my tunner and lap top so i will have the tune i have a northstar tb on it and i am not sure the mass air tables are right i am get a lean code bank 1 also the shift point need to be set to desired setting and what ever else need to be done
    let me know if you can help or know someone else close to me that can
    thanks brett

Tuner
    What you can do is, download the tune from the PCM, license that tune, and post it here for people to look at/tune. Then when the file is ready, you can re-download it and upload it to your car.

If your lean on one bank, you should address that issue prior to changing your MAF tables. If could be injector related, intake gasket related, or it could be your EGR tube. But remember, you need to CORRECT any check engine light issues PRIOR to tuning.
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

Advanced Tuner
    PM me your email.
    I have a tune guide just for the 3800.
    Also take a look over on the RegalGS.org web site. Allot of very knowledgeable folks over there. Good advice on the motor & trans.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training

email

Brett,

Where you at in Iowa?

Tuner in Training

tune

i am located in dallas center 50063

Tuner in Training

email is [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by GeoJB View Post
    PM me your email.
    I have a tune guide just for the 3800.
    Also take a look over on the RegalGS.org web site. Allot of very knowledgeable folks over there. Good advice on the motor & trans.
    email is [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Damn, I thought I sent it to you the first time.
    MY E-mail is F'd-up.
    I tried to send it again. Did it go to your spam.
    It's titled tune guide.
    LMK.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Advanced Tuner
    Hope third time is the charm......
    Again LMK, either way. Please.

Senior Tuner
    Hey Fireo Pro.... post a log and tune of the car, maybe we can give you a couple of quick pointers to make it driveable. Then you can fine tune it from there using the tuning guides and advise available right here in HPT!
    2000 Trans Am WS6