Thread: LBZ Tune 530rwhp

Potential Tuner

LBZ Tune 530rwhp

I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my tune and see if everything looks in order. The truck is a 2006 LBZ duramax. Im pretty new to using hp tuners and just wanted to make sure my tune is spot on. The tune made 530rwhp on the dyno and sees 32 pounds of boost.

What are you running EGT's wise?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    it runs between 6-800 degrees at highway speeds up to 75mph. Idle is around 400 degrees. How big of a tune would you say this is if you had to guess?
    2006 LBZ Duramax, 530RWHP

What about WOT? That's the more important issue at hand. Cruise looks normal, idle seems a little high, but its not to worry about too much. I haven't looked at your tune, I will tonight if I grab a chance, if not, tomorrow for sure!
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    WOT can reach 1600 if i stay in it for say a 1/4 mile pass. That's with outside temps at 100+

Getting hot! I have about the same temps as well, maybe a little hotter. What all mods do you have on the truck?
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    Intake, 5 inch exhaust, egr blocker, and pcv re-route. I know i will get the lift pump and tranny post. I haven't limped the trans once with this tune (i know i will) however im using about all the stock fuel system has.
    Last edited by dragon93308; 08-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.

I know i will get the lift pump and tranny post.
    Lol, glad you knew it was coming...

im using about all the stock fuel system has.
    If you are using all the stock fuel system has, I doubt you are quite to 530 rwhp. Most I have heard is 500, but the injection pump was sacrificed to get there... And while you haven't limped the trans yet, don't be ripping on it and shifting, or else the built trans will come much earlier than you think.

Ill take a look at your tune soon... What all are you wanting to do with your truck?
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    Idk if the dyno reads high or not but the the lbz made 533 and 530 on back to back runs. My old lb7 made 450 on the same dyno with similar mods. What i want out of the truck right now is maximum performance with decent gas mileage. Trans and lift pump will come within a year probably.

Tune looks good. Any particular reason why your timing graph at 85 mm3 drops by about 3-4 degrees? I am assuming you did a different BTDC% timing in that spot?
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    ya that's where it goes from 50 to 40%. Im still tweaking the tune a bit. thanks for taking a look. Do you ever mess with the max torque table under general TCC limit?

No, I haven't too much. Transmission tables i usually leave stock, except for the part throttle shifts. You can change shift times, and I might dive into that again here soon. But as to answer your question, no I haven't.

I figured that was the case with your timing. Just for cosmetic purposes, it might not be a bad idea to smooth that out a bit. Are you locking up in 4th when you are WOT?
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    ya it locks up in 4th, shifts pretty slow tho.

Yeah, mine shifted slow when I had my stock settings in. I need to see if in HPtuners we can turn off RPM limiting of the trans... can in EFI and it makes a world of difference when shifting... Although it might put more harm into your stock tranny, it shifts nice.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by dragon93308 View Post
    I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my tune and see if everything looks in order. The truck is a 2006 LBZ duramax. Im pretty new to using hp tuners and just wanted to make sure my tune is spot on. The tune made 530rwhp on the dyno and sees 32 pounds of boost.

Hey man you wouldn?t happen to still have that tune? I?m trying to find something better than what I?m running now it defuels like crazy