Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 GAGT 3400 lots of knock

Advanced Tuner
    At first glance.
    Take the EGR to some very high number, that will shut it off. For now.
    Didn't get a chance to look at it too much.
    You do need a few more parameters in your scan config. Like TPS
    Also try and set the TC lock to some outrageous number also To rule out if it's TC lock thats causing the KR.

Gotta go get ready for work.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    I messed with some transmission settings, 50 min 100 max, sped up the shift times a bit and pressures. it shifts better now, so thats a plus. I tried the tcc lock and was still getting kr, also put the egr way up but it seemed to be working still, maybe i'm not doing it right? is there a method for disabling the EGR that i'm missing? I also ended up reducing my maf calibration by about 3% ( to account for the K&N filter ) to richen it up? I just dont know why there is so much knock! everything seems normal when I look at the scans. Do i just need to pull timing in the cells where I'm getting the KR? I went through the tuning guide and i guess i could just keep trying the maf tuning. Any more guidance would be really helpful. Oh and could i get a config from someone that covers the necessities?
    Thanks, Mark

Advanced Tuner
    Here ya go...
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    Maybe someone with more experience can chime in, however I am curious if zeroing out the PE delay and adjusting the PE enable tables would help with the KR in the 3400 engines?

Tuner in Training
    I believe i did try that, seems like something that should be a given to me too. but how would you "adjust the PE tables"?

Advanced Tuner
    Power enrich- PE enable TPS, "hot"
    Set the PE to kick in near the point where the TPS / boost kicks in.
    It's been a while, memory not too sharp right now.......sorry, not clear enough.

Tuner in Training
    You may try lowering PE enable to come in sooner.

I have read several places to zero out the PE delay.

Senior Tuner
    If you reduced your MAF table at all you are pulling fuel making it leaner. In the v6, use STFT+LTFT to set up your MAF. Then double the reaction time of your knock sensor in both high and low loads. Then multiply base retard by .5 If you still see KR after that I would be looking for an intake leak or a vac leak of some kind. No leaks, then look to your mounts.
    The v6 has a "fluid referenced sensor" and is very, very sensitive, too sensitive... thus the changes to how it reacts is necessary for tuning it and getting it right
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    I will try the knock sensor recalibration thing mmgt1 said right away.