Thread: Stalling trying to idle

Potential Tuner

Question Stalling trying to idle

I had and engine built put everything together car wouldn’t run so I had it towed to my local tuner, he got it running but I had a bad map sensor and it was running out of fuel at the top end of the dyno run so he gave me a tune that will be ok but I needed to bring it back, car ran fine no stalling issues, I replaced the map sensor and the fuel pump took it back to the tuner and now he can’t get it to idle cold. When I start my car from a cold start or even from a hot start it will stall iac will be moving trying to get it to idle but cant, I have to hold it at about 1500 rpm let it get warm and it will eventually straighten it's self out 1-2 min later and idle fine, but when it's hot shut it off count to ten restart it still won’t idle takes another couple min and will idle fine, once you’re driving its runs beautiful and idles about 1000 rpm, it runs reel rich burning my eyes after a few min in the shop with the door open, my tuner is lost and can’t figure out why and so am I. Is it something in the tune or what?
    99 T/A ls1 .005 over Manley pistons & rods, TFS 220cc heads, VRX5 cam, slp hd oil pump & doubble roller timing chain, FAST 102, Nick Williams 102 tb, Texas speed 100mm maf, built 4l60e, 3500 stall, pace setter LT'S, Maganaflow cat back, 3:73 GEARS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by seabee#1 View Post
    I had and engine built put everything together car wouldn’t run so I had it towed to my local tuner, he got it running but I had a bad map sensor and it was running out of fuel at the top end of the dyno run so he gave me a tune that will be ok but I needed to bring it back, car ran fine no stalling issues, I replaced the map sensor and the fuel pump took it back to the tuner and now he can’t get it to idle cold. When I start my car from a cold start or even from a hot start it will stall iac will be moving trying to get it to idle but cant, I have to hold it at about 1500 rpm let it get warm and it will eventually straighten it's self out 1-2 min later and idle fine, but when it's hot shut it off count to ten restart it still won’t idle takes another couple min and will idle fine, once you’re driving its runs beautiful and idles about 1000 rpm, it runs reel rich burning my eyes after a few min in the shop with the door open, my tuner is lost and can’t figure out why and so am I. Is it something in the tune or what?
    Post up the tune and a log file and maybe some info on the motor. is it a stock motor heads and cam motor or big inch stroker motor? is it whats in your sig?
    1993 reef blue Mustang coupe
    Ls1 conversion
    1 7/8 cooks headers
    AFR 205 heads
    Fast 92/92 intake
    PAT G./ EPS Custom cam 230/234 .600”/.602” 112LSA +2 advance
    century Built 4l60e with Circle D 3500 converter
    4.11 gears

Potential Tuner
    99 T/A ls1 .005 over Manley pistons & rods, TFS 220cc heads, VRX5 cam, slp hd oil pump & doubble roller timing chain, FAST 102, Nick Williams 102 tb, Texas speed 100mm maf, built 4l60e, 3500 stall, pace setter LT'S, Maganaflow cat back, 3:23 GEARS
    99 T/A ls1 .005 over Manley pistons & rods, TFS 220cc heads, VRX5 cam, slp hd oil pump & doubble roller timing chain, FAST 102, Nick Williams 102 tb, Texas speed 100mm maf, built 4l60e, 3500 stall, pace setter LT'S, Maganaflow cat back, 3:73 GEARS

get your tuner to email you the tune file and then attach it in your post. If he has any logs that would help as well.
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Potential Tuner
    how i do re conifigure the file it's a .cal file i dont have hp tuners so when i try to attach the file it says invalad file????

If you are the guy from wnyfbody.com your problem is the tuner doesn't know what he is doing. The car should be able to idle around 850-875 rpms. My suggestion is get your money back and find another place. I would be more than happy to look at any file you have

Western New York's Performance Headquarters