Thread: mid-rpm hesitation

Potential Tuner

mid-rpm hesitation

I'm out an autocross today and my car has a mid rpm hesitation. It's a 94 mazda rx7 with an ls3 swap. I don't have a body control module but I think I have done everything I need to do to eliminate it. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so I can't rule out fuel pressure, but I should have plenty of pump and fuel line to support a stock ls3. it runs at full throttle great and in normal driving conditions is just fine. I don't know exactly what rpm the hesitation starts but it seems to be around 4000. if I'm holding it there when I go around the corner and try to give it gas coming out of the corner in bucks and hesitates. If I get out of the throttle for a second and then get back in it seems to be fine.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can look at to fix it today that would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't have a method to upload my tune or logs to the forum right now. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    turns out 13 gallons of fuel in a 20 gallon tank isn't enough for the left turns...