Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6L80E 3600 Yank STALL tuning help for newbie~!!!

Red face 6L80E 3600 Yank STALL tuning help for newbie~!!!

Hi guys can anyone help me tune for a yank3600 stall for a 6l80e any pointer or tips and info on what to tune and by how much, its a 10 Silverado 5.3 ,LTs ,CAI, 4.10s, ive heard to bump tcc speeds and some pressure mods , nd ive also seen on the forum slippage issues,but i seriously cant break anything so if any1 can please help me with a list of tuning to guide me in the rite direction, THANK YOU!!!!!
    Last edited by EFI 956; 02-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Tuner
    I don't know how the 6L80E in your Silvy compares to the 6L80E in my Camaro, but I can tell you what I've been looking at so that I'm ready when I do a converter in my car...
    I'll be setting the Apply/Release tables so that the converter can only lock in 5th and 6th gears. I expect to have to do quite a bit of logging to watch TPS/load so that I can get it set so that it locks under steady or light throttle. Sort of a steady state or speed condition.
    I will also be setting the regulator offset quite high so that when the converter is commanded to lock....it locks. I still need to find out if more line pressure than is necessary is bad for the trans or converter in any way. My thinking is that having the regulator offset high will pretty much eliminate the need to play with the apply ramp table. Once it's locked, it's locked.
    The TCC Desired Slip tables will also need to be zero'd.
    Then depending on what converter you're using, you might need to set the full throttle tcc tables so that you don't lock at wot.
    Hopefully a few guys that have done all of this work will chime in, but the above is what hours of searching on this forum has led me.

Senior Tuner
    Here's how I have my 08 Corvette set to protect my Yank 3200. Of course no lock in 1-4. I like the way it drives too.

Senior Tuner
    Another thing, be sure you have the 6th gear shift speed lower than 5th lock up speed so it doesn't unlock while going into 6th.

Tuner
    Could you then just have the 6th lockup match the 6th shift speed for low tps?
    2013 ZL1 A6

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    Probably work find too.

Talking

Thank you Sick and 8850 i seriously appreciat especially the file i will chime in later this week, thanks!

Tuner
    How about an update EFI 956? My SS3600 goes in next week.
    2013 ZL1 A6

Advanced Tuner
    i have the 5th and 6th lockup 1-2mph higher than the 5th or 6th shift, so when she shift, she would lockup right away after the shift. i'm using the same tps% settings from 8850, works great, he's got the apply lockup up to 12%, works like a charm in the G8's.

Hi guys just put in last week we will be tuning it 2morrow nite ill chime in... Thanks!

Tuner
    Mine's done, and after hours of testing and reflashing I'm pretty happy with my current tune.
    I found myself spending quite a bit of time figuring tcc offset and apply ramp, and then apply and release in 5th and 6th. Getting rid of any low TPS slip in 5th and 6th was the only real challenge. Even at 109.9 tcc psi I could still get slip, so getting the converter to unlock rather than slip was a bit of work.
    2013 ZL1 A6

Advanced Tuner
    8850, not following your 5 to 6 gear mph settings. you have it at 40 in 5th. 45 in 6th. would not that allow for unlocking between 41 to 44 mph when the car shifts into 6th?

Tuner
    Only if his 5th to 6th shift points allow the car into 6th below 45mph, and I'll bet they don't.
    2013 ZL1 A6

Senior Tuner
    Only if his 5th to 6th shift points allow the car into 6th below 45mph, and I'll bet they don't.
    Actually with my 40 mph lock in 5th and 45 lock in 6th my 5th to 6th has to be less than the 40 mph to maintain converter lock. I did have it unlocking at 6th gear shift with the mph more than 40 mph. At my current 38 mph 5th to 6th the converter stays locked. This is of course with the 12% thottle converter locking in both 5th and 6th.

Tuner
    Wait a minute....
    How are you even getting a lock in 5th? If you have to be above 40mph at 12% TPS or less just to get the converter to lock, you're speed is going to be above 38mph and you're just going to go straight to 6th?
    2013 ZL1 A6

Senior Tuner
    I see what you are saying and you are correct. I should change my file so no lockup is possible in 5th while in D or S to correspond to the way the tranny actually shifts. And my preference. I want lock to occur in 5th paddle only. I really don't want it to lock in 5th while accelerating until I reach 6th. I feel less locking/unlocking is easier on this Yank converter. Typically I drive in paddle in traffic so it does lock in 5th at 40 mph. Once I reach 40 I can then ride along in traffic with coverter locked from 26 mph up until I feel a 6th gear shift is necessary.
    Last edited by 8850; 01-05-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Here you go and thanks for straighting me out!

Advanced Tuner
    not messing around with tutd i did the following for normal mode.

i have a 4000 yank. although i do not know how long i will keep it. i think it is a little unbalanced and do not want to bother Dave again.

I am locking her in third on partial throttle in the mid 20s. i continue with that up until about 60 percent throttle where it is unlocked completely.

then on 4th, 5th, and 6th, i have her at the exact same settings. that way there is no chance of locking and unlocking.

with this method i do not get any jerking and unlocking and locking of the converter. it seems to work real well for me whether right or wrong.

on wot i have it unlocked.

i do not use tutd.

Potential Tuner
    Interesting info. Hi Larry S, long time no see or talk.

I'm reading some of the threads on here so I can try some DIY stuff on my car at some point... Great info.

Senior Tuner
    Hi John, has been awhile. What are you driving now? If you need help there are quite a few guys on here that can help out. I'll help where I can although I don't feel I'm anywhere near the tuning capability of some.