Thread: GTO Speedo Help needed

Exclamation GTO Speedo Help needed

I recently installed some 4.11 gears into my 06 GTO and have ran into some difficulties calibrating everything to work properly. I finally got my speedo on the dash to display correctly, but now when I log, the ecu is telling HPtuners that I am only trapping 49MPH. But in actuality, it was around 110.

Please advise.

Attached are the log and the tune as well as my config. My afr display setup is a bit off in the log, but the gauge reads 12.5 at wot.
    Attachment 35607

Attachment 35608

Attachment 35609

I would really appreciate any help or insight you guys may be able to toss my way. Thanks

-Chris

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Why did you change the VSS Pulses per rev to 40? It should be 17 for a 6 spd. Did you also change your rear tire dia? If not, return the tire dia field to stock.

Russ Kemp

I will try the pulses change, and I did change the diameter, and the stock tire size was actually off by a hair.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned