Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I have some input and/or help with my tune?

Quote Originally Posted by GM COBALT SC SS View Post
    good call. thats what i was trying to say when i posted up the canned ott tune i have for a 2.8 and 60s, but couldnt articulate it correctly lol

put that tune in.......works great! no hunting idle....seems to run better! i prefer this tune to the zzp tune anyways thanks so much!

good. now you can tune it at your leisure. thats what i do lol

good. now you can tune it at your leisure. thats what i do lol
    Thanks!

I had like .4 tip in knock which went away....no knock at all! Commanded afr is 11.8 or so. I added 1 degree of timing and logged for knock....just the same tip in knock.....runs GREAT! So thats 19 degrees so far........wonder if I could pull of 20?

I have a log Ill post up. There ya go.......

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Be careful lsj factory pistons hate heat with a passion
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Be careful lsj factory pistons hate heat with a passion
    so 19 should be fine unless i get meth?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Meth I see a net of 24 and pump 91 most nvr exceed 19-20
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

most people will add timing till they get some knock and kick it back 2 degrees. unless its higher than 2 degrees lol.

in that config i posted, i have a timing adder and a knock retard subtracting histogram. thats what they are for. you can make a custom config for the timing that is the timing commanded-timing commanded +1. that way, at every point at which you hit on the table, itll show a 1 which can be added on the timing table by copy and paste special. the same can be done for kr. and you can subtract the kr the same way.

you may already know this, but just throwing it out there

most people will add timing till they get some knock and kick it back 2 degrees. unless its higher than 2 degrees lol.

in that config i posted, i have a timing adder and a knock retard subtracting histogram. thats what they are for. you can make a custom config for the timing that is the timing commanded-timing commanded +1. that way, at every point at which you hit on the table, itll show a 1 which can be added on the timing table by copy and paste special. the same can be done for kr. and you can subtract the kr the same way.

you may already know this, but just throwing it out there
    i have to do that manually... how do you make that histogram that your speaking of lol? id love to see this and try it out
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

the first picture attached will show you how to setup the custom PID. youll just take the pid for timing advance and subtract it from itself. then add one. that gives you the custom pid

then to setup the histo, look at the second pic. youll use that pid in the main timing advance table. to make sure that your not adding advance any where that you had kr, youll filter out the cells that get kr by setting it to the kr pid <.01

when you log, youll see a page full of 1's. youll take that and copy and paste special, add it into the tune file. then you can take a kr table copy and paste special, subtract those values.

i also created a custom pid for the kr so that i add 1 to the kr. so if i see kr of 2*, itll actually subtract 3. i cant take credit for this. i found it on the rlf. lots of great info there. the only issue is that you have to pay attention to the differences of tip in knock retard and actual kr and adjust accordingly.

ah thank you sir i normally just do it by hand and smooth them out while doing it but sometimes it takes a while when im tryin to get it perfect but should help me out in the long run even with tuning friends cars!
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

no problem man. just trying to spread the knowledge. now i wish someone would spread some injector table knowledge. that would probably take some time though lol

no problem man. just trying to spread the knowledge. now i wish someone would spread some injector table knowledge. that would probably take some time though lol
    well i started a thread on some injector stuff and CBSSOB and GMTECH are helping out with that. most of it envolves E blends but i can see this maybe helping out people with pump gas too
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

im lnf ignorant. lol i have an lsj. id imagine that the fueling tables are much different, but like i said, i havent even seen an lnf file

Looking for some final input.

Thanks to GMCOBALTSCSS for lending me the OTTP tune!

It idles smooth with or without a/c on, pulls hard. Ive smoothed EVERY map, and added timing for a total of 19 degrees. No knock except a blip of tip in, which Ive been told is normal. WOT commanded AFR is 11.8-11.6 all the way up to 7K.......anyone using this tune should be advised they need to change the tire size calc. to what they have. My SS/SC is lifted a lil with 215/60R16 Geolanders for a Rally look.........so my diameter is 26.2 versus 25.x.

Anyone who has input is welcome to share, and take the tune as a GREAT base tune for 60s/2.8

Thanks again, and GMCOBALSCSS, I sent you a PM.

these are the settings for the kr subtractor. youll set up the custom pid and then set it up in the histo like so. you can set the custom pid however youd like. i put 1.5 so that itll subtract whatever kr you had plus 1.5 *

i having tried this out yet, but with the timing adder histo, you may still hit cells that have kr in them if you get kr at one point and then dont at another. but thats where the kr subtractor table comes in. after adding on the adder table, the subtractor table will always subtract it back.
    but remember with tuning, theres always a risk, so be careful. and i am not responsible for any issues anyone may have

SUPER quick lil run to 70ish..............only changes are omega's 60s spreadsheet info.

Thoughts?

Think I should try tweaking my pe table any? lean it out a lil?