Thread: 6.2 L92 LS3 TB & GMPP ECU Tuning Help Needed

Potential Tuner

Question 6.2 L92 LS3 TB & GMPP ECU Tuning Help Needed

Hello I'm new to the site & software. I have been building & tuning cars for many years now. With that said this project & HP is new to me.

Here is a quick run down of info.
    2007 6.2l out of Escalade had 18,000 miles
    MLS head gaskets w/ARP head bolts
    GMPP cam "they recommended" for nitrous & combo
    customer threw away paperwork so that's All I know about cam
    Fuel system fuel cell, Aeromotive A1000 with -10 feed & return, pressure is set to 60 psi steady as the GM paper work requested.
    1 7/8" mid length Headmans 3" coll SpinTech ProStreets to turndowns
    The ECU GMPP sold him uses 2006 Cadi CTS-V
    F.A.S.T. dual channel wide band stand alone setup
    4L60E Also from GMPP with their SUPERMATIC TCU controller
    Continental TQ Conv 3600 rpm
    Currie 9" w 33 spline axles w/locker & 4 link QA-1 14" 200 coilovers
    4.56 gears

Its all in a 84 Chevy C10 short bed. Its mini tubbed & is running 315/60/15 Micky Thompson Drag Radial. Truck weighs 3900 w/driver.

I was handed this project after 90% of this was done. Since I got it there has been a issue with the idle. It will be fine for a while then go into a rolling issue where it sounds like it has a Very big cam. Since I got the HP Pro & was able to monitor live pids I noticed it was running warm after sitting @ stop lights. We have been in the low to mid 90's also. Anyways he said the thermostat was factory so I replaced it with 180. I went into the tune & modified the fan settings & idle command speeds. After I did that last night I went to start it this morning Nothing..... Cranks like NO fuel. I took the air cleaner off & sprayed some WD air inlet tube just to see if it would try to run..... Fired right up for a mili second..... I remove the fuse that goes to the air/fuel circuit in GMPP's fusebox it controls the throttle body & fuel pump. When re installing the pump runs & the throttle body opens & closes a couple times. It will fire right up just fine after doing that once or twice. If it then sits for more then 20-30 min it acts like No fuel again & you have to remove fuse a couple few times. Twice now when doing this procedure it starts & is pig rich..... You try to give it fuel when doing this & the pedal does NOTHING! If & when it stalls or you shut it down with key on pedal still Does NOT actuate throttle body.

I'm getting SOOOO frustrated with this thing I'm ready to burn it. There has been MANY MANY prior issues I have Already had to sort out. I just got done running & soldering my wires for wideband 02's. I will Try to start her up & get some data logging for you guys to view.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!! It might be something simple I'm missing from lack of sleep & exhaustion.

Thanks Any & All input!
    Last edited by NitrousTuner1; 08-07-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Don't be Affraid of the Bottle........ Be Affraid of Your Tune!!!

Potential Tuner
    I didn't get the F.A.S.T. wide band pid up to data log it but I think I got the others. The tranny info & speed are Not logged as Jay hasn't figured out if there is a way for me to tie into the GMPP tcu that runs that 4L60E. Hopefully I will at least be able to tap into the speed sensor.
    Any help on that Also will be Greatly appreciated!

Again Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by NitrousTuner1; 08-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.

I didn't have time to read the enitre book (lol) but I did see A1000 mentioned. Watch out for the fuel getting hot. That can ruin your day and have you chasing the tune when it is all in your fuel system. I had a blown Z06 with this pump and it sucked, needed a fuel cooler.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    It has a -10 feed & a -10 return so it should be circulating a good amount of fuel. Did the Vette have a dead head setup?

Got it to fire right up as the customer in his playing changed the inj control to vacuum. DIDN'T even catch that.......

Now 1/2 the time @ WOT it seems to hit rev limiter at 4500rpm.
    Don't be Affraid of the Bottle........ Be Affraid of Your Tune!!!

email has been sent to u

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

I don't have a lot of experience with HP tuners, but looking at your log file, the first thing I noticed is the ign advance is oscillating wildly from -0.5 to 26 deg at idle. I recently installed an LS376/480 into a 65 Corvette. The 480 hp LS376 is just an LS3 with the GM hot cam. I used the recommended GMPP controller kit for this engine. Here is the as delivered calibration for it. Hope that helps.