Thread: Simple fuel & ignition control

Simple fuel & ignition control

I am working on a 2008 LMG 5.3 using an E38 ECM. We are tuning the engine on a dyno for ultra lean burn operation. I would like to program a simple fuel strategy using just the pedal position and adjust the injector PW without any other input influence or electronic throttle control. A direct pedal/fuel table. No MAF, ECT, O2, MAP, TPS or ignition input. Sounds old time, but for testing I need it simple and I'd like to use the OE ECM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSJoe View Post
    I am working on a 2008 LMG 5.3 using an E38 ECM. We are tuning the engine on a dyno for ultra lean burn operation. I would like to program a simple fuel strategy using just the pedal position and adjust the injector PW without any other input influence or electronic throttle control. A direct pedal/fuel table. No MAF, ECT, O2, MAP, TPS or ignition input. Sounds old time, but for testing I need it simple and I'd like to use the OE ECM.
    You will need to use an aftermarket controller - OEM Gen IV controllers (E38 / E67) will not function in the way you described.