Thread: not entering boost enrichment...please HELP

Potential Tuner

not entering boost enrichment...please HELP

Hey guys! Just want to start out by saying thanks to everyone who has taken the time to give advise and share your knowledge. I have spent hours reading and searching a cant seem to find any answers on this. I have a 2003 Escalade EXT. I installed a 2.3 whipple supercharger,60 # inj, a transgo shift kit, and a boost a pump set to 100% all the time. Its a stock internal lq9. I have done the 2 bar upgrade and followed the instructions on the hp tuners site, and yes... I got a wideband before doing anything!!! I notice when I get on the throttle it will go into pe mode, but as I go into boost it starts to run very lean. I do have a fuel pressure guage and it will hit about 58 at 0 vac and rise as boost rises. Any advise on what is missing or anything I am doing wrong will be appreciated!!! Please feel free to check out everything, and let me know!
    Last edited by c4rcorvette; 07-31-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: missing info

it doesn't look like you are running speed density mode.

You need to fail the MAF or unplug it. Set P0102 & P0103 to "2 - No MIL"
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    I'll do that first thing after work! I didn't think it was an issue since I'm not maxing out the maf. Thanks for the help!.

I tried to unplug the MAF one time and the check engine light came on and the vehicle barely ran so I had to stick with "failing" it. But it still showed that it was reading normal air flow on the datalogger. Not sure if I set up the P01012 & P0103 up correctly though.

Potential Tuner
    I tuned a turbo cts-v and it didn't have an issue with going into boost enrichment. We ended up taking the maf out after we started maxing it out. I set it to no mil and no error reporting. Is this wrong?

Senior Tuner
    You need to set P0102 & P0103 to "2 - No MIL"
    If you have no error reporting in will not enter SD

you must have codes P0102 or P0103 set for the PCM to run SD.

Set them both to "2 - No MIL".

To set these code you either unplug the MAF (sets P0102) or change the MAF Fail Frequency to 0 (sets P0103).
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Kick ass guys!!! worked perfectly!!! Thanks again. Now I have to figure out the pesky 1514 code? Started getting into boost and then it fell on its but. Scared the shit out of me. Went in and maxed that table for now. Ill play with it more later After I research it some more.