Thread: Can someone please take a look and critique

Can someone please take a look and critique

This is my first attempt at scaling. Can someone please take a look and see if they see anything I missed. I was working off of a checklist I picked up off of the site and Motown's .xls workbook. The only question I have is, the VE wasn't listed on the checklist to scale but I found one of my old posts that says it has to be scaled. I did scale my cyl volume and thought that would cover it since GMVE takes into account cyl. vol but I read a post where Banish and a couple of other scale the VE tables. Do the VE tables get mult by the scaling percentage or does cyl volume take care of it?

THanks,
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

Quote Originally Posted by angrygoat View Post
    This is my first attempt at scaling. Can someone please take a look and see if they see anything I missed. I was working off of a checklist I picked up off of the site and Motown's .xls workbook. The only question I have is, the VE wasn't listed on the checklist to scale but I found one of my old posts that says it has to be scaled. I did scale my cyl volume and thought that would cover it since GMVE takes into account cyl. vol but I read a post where Banish and a couple of other scale the VE tables. Do the VE tables get mult by the scaling percentage or does cyl volume take care of it?

THanks,
    Joe, responded to your PM. The Cyl Vol doesn't change in VVE. Its baked into the equation so scaling the GMVE/VVE values is enough. Remember to calculate new coefficients with the BlueCat software. Leave the Cyl Vol unscaled. Not sure if you are running a MAF, but that table needs to be scaled if so. Cranking VE s/b scaled as well. The Charge temp bias table is one column off. In this case the 128 value s/b pasted in the 64 column of the calculated table to start.

Make sure all airflow tables, including Eng Diag types (i.e P0068) are scaled and adjusted depending on setup. Also looks like you have a Pressure Regulator Fuel system so the 55 lb/hr is 50% of the rated injector value.

Over all looks good.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Thank you for repsponding, Ed. I appreciate you taking a look. I am working with an E40 LS2 GTO so I only have the primary and boost VE tables, no coefficients. No MAf on this setup, 2bar SD for the tvs2300 @ 15psi.

Are you certain about the cranking VE? With it being labeled as a percentage, at least on the e40 ecm, I would assume it would be a percentage of the VE table that is already scaled. Please correct me if I have that wrong.

Good catch on the charge temp. I rescaled it and have .13 at .68 g/sec and zeros from 92 g/sec and up

As far as the eng diag section, if all of that is being disabled then I can still just max out the tables and not worry about scaling it. Correct?

It is a return style fuel system with 110lbs/hr injectors and a 50% scale, which is should give me the 55lbs/hr and the IFR table being flatlined.

Thanks again sir
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

cool, not too familar with HPT custom OS's, usually use the "other" SW package for Boost applications. Values looked like GMVE but I guess Chris and his guys calculates inside the new OS . Cranking VE is one they say to scale as well.... and Disabling the "safety tests" will do it, but I am not a fan of that unless it is a pure race car.

We just finished a 950 rwhp 2008 LS3 SC Corvette running on corn juice as well

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Well, she fired right up after making the corrections you pointed out though I will have to check the cranking ve to see if I did scale it or if I winged it. Thank you for taking a look Ed. After spending two days fighting with the LC-1, I think I finally have it straightened out and can make some progress. Thanks again
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131