Thread: Odd VE Tuning issue-Please Help

Odd VE Tuning issue-Please Help

First off I am 2 bar SD tuned running e85 (actually e70 as tested). I have tuned and logged probably 20 times on the new (Good) injector data I was provided. What I am seeing is issues at 30kpa. Every log shows a percent error between -10 and -22 regardless of what I change the value to.

Has anyone seen this and know of a solution?

I have fuel trims, DFCO, and cot turned off to not mess with the log can you verify the tune is set up correctly for logging and tuning?

On a side note do I have my LC-1 Pid set up correctly to read e70 with a stoich of 11.16076

You're on the floor on your injector pulsewidth due to the offsets and adders. The adders offsets won't ever let you get to the actual minimum PW.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

So what is the solution for this? I am assuming that the injector data I have is not "good" and need to make changes to it.

Is the there a process I can follow to make sure I get the injectors dialed in?

Lower the min fuel milligrams in the transient folder.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Lower the min fuel milligrams in the transient folder.

Russ Kemp
    Its an 04 GTO when I go to the transient tab there is nothing there.

I did talk to Jon Banner at Fuel Injector Connection and he spent an hour with me providing me new data. We entered that data in and he made the remark that it was going to be rich. Well I swapped the tune in and the car cranks and is obviously dumping more fuel but will not fire. Pulse width goes to 25msec to 45msec well cranking. If I floor it I can get it to stumble to a start but wont run.

He said I need to look at my start up tables add add air. I am a noob and havent messed with those tables. I have tuned the IFR table but that was logging data from a cold start and copy and pasting. Not sure what to do now...

I hate to say this bc I am a perfectionist but I am also frustrated and want to enjoy the car. Since the issue is only when I am off the throttle when tuning w/o DFCO enabled wouldnt it be masked by DFCO? I know its not right but would it be safe?

I would much rather get it right but this is the 3rd "good" set of injector data and I dont want to rape tables to get to work... Plus if it is the right injector data it shouldnt be doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser787904 View Post
    So what is the solution for this? I am assuming that the injector data I have is not "good" and need to make changes to it.

Is the there a process I can follow to make sure I get the injectors dialed in?
    Here is what you need data for....

Flow Rate vs KPA.
    Offset Volts vs Volts vs VAC
    Short Pulse Adder
    Short Pulse Limit
    Min Injector Pulse

What all was given to you over the phone?
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Its an 04 GTO when I go to the transient tab there is nothing there.
    I can see it, are you in advanced view?

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Hammer View Post
    Here is what you need data for....

Flow Rate vs KPA.
    Offset Volts vs Volts vs VAC
    Short Pulse Adder
    Short Pulse Limit
    Min Injector Pulse

What all was given to you over the phone?
    This was everything I was given via a spreadsheet he was trying to help me over the phone to just get the car to fire on the new injector data. Still no dice using the FIC correct injector data.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I can see it, are you in advanced view?

Russ Kemp
    I wante to Fuel Controla > Transient and there is nothing there. Where is the advanced view? I am on v2.22 would I need a BETA version for this...

I went to Fuel Control > Transient and there is nothing there. Where is the advanced view? I am on v2.22 would I need a BETA version for this...
    Edit>view>Advanced
    I've knocked the transient values down before and still been unable to get the injectors to slow down. I've ended up cutting the default and minimum injector PW's down as well as the short pulse adder from the "proper" data. It may not be the "right" way to do it, but I've yet to see a better working alternative.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Thanks I will play around with it tonight. I am newer to tuning and researching this one issue I have learned a TON from you guys and LS1GTO. Some good some bad but I am learning.

I am excited to get back to the tune and get things all wrapped up... One off topic question. Was is the function used to screen out all cells hit at less than 20% throttle? Also once I am refining wot would it make sense to ignore everything under say 80%

Well I found the advanced view however that is already what I was in and still do not have anything in the transient folder.. I am fly by cable so that might be why I dont have it

When I tune my VE mine shows the same in those rows.
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Senior Tuner
    Well I found the advanced view however that is already what I was in and still do not have anything in the transient folder.. I am fly by cable so that might be why I dont have it
    email support with your serial# to get the latest beta link on your customer page.