Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSJ Guides

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    not really the lsj is straight forward and can be tuned off the pid list with ease. if you make one you really like post it, when it gets reviewed if its not super common but has a purpose then it will get listed.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Ahhh, makes sense. I'll post mine when I finish it, I have to make another one all over again :-/
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

added two stage 2 base files to the first post. they still have the 42 lb/hr injector bases in them but they are set up for starting at the very beginning which is fuel injector data verification.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    added two stage 2 base files to the first post. they still have the 42 lb/hr injector bases in them but they are set up for starting at the very beginning which is fuel injector data verification.
    Thank you so much.
    Downloading them both so I can have an e85 map too.

Is that the legit OEM stage two GM tune?
    There are a few floating around but they all have differences and some are big.
    The one I started with, unfortunately, was off.

It is a gm stage 2 but it's been reworked.

First post updated

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dtabbs View Post
    Is there a place to get this injector spreadsheet other than that shitty 4shared site that wants you to sign up, download and install their shitty software? It would be great if you just drop boxed it with a direct download link.

I need to define my 60lb Seimens Deka injectors for my LE5 E67, so I can't just copy and paste. If I can get a proper spreadsheet set up for the E67's, I will share it back with everyone else.

Update:

I found the spreadsheet from another source since I could not get it from the original. I have placed it in my dropbox with a direct download link. I hope it is the latest with updates.

LSJ Aftermarket Injector Spreadsheet
    The 60 and 80 lb injector information provided here will not work properly. Using the voltage multipliers, the flow rates still max at 63.5. The only way to provide an accurate flow rate curve is to back-scale the MAF and every other chart that uses air mass or calculated load.

lsj calibration videos canceled...if someone were to make an accurate set the link will be added

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    The 60 and 80 lb injector information provided here will not work properly. Using the voltage multipliers, the flow rates still max at 63.5. The only way to provide an accurate flow rate curve is to back-scale the MAF and every other chart that uses air mass or calculated load.
    I'm assuming you are saying that the spreadsheet won't work for LE5's.
    Cause I know for a fact, being the guy that built the sheet, that the voltage multipliers DO work to scale the injectors (on LSJ's).
    The proof is in the results; built a solid tune on 80's, then demod the car to 60's (and later to 45's) and it still runs dead on 11.6 with no change other than injector values.
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    No, they do not. A few days ago, just to prove this to someone, I re verified it on my car. 06 redline.
    115#@43.5 injectors with a 55# base. IFR set at 63.5 flat, IFR vs volts at 1.0 flat.
    No other changes to the tune other than changing IFR vs volts to 2.0 flat had ZERO effect on cranking PW, idle PW, IDC, trims, wot afr, etc...
    If the IFR vs volts table worked, the car obviously would not have even ran.

The IFR vs volts WILL increase the value in your IFR table, but only up to 63.5.
    For example, 45 (IFR) * 2.0 (IFR vs volts) equals 63.5, not 90.

I have been revisiting this because I am not happy with my timing table resolution and am not a fan of the double stoich scaling method.
    Last edited by armcclure; 09-22-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Well, you guys are screwing something up big time if it's not working.
    That IFR volt table has worked just dandy for me since 2007. I've went straight from stock injectors to 80's on multiple cars with nothing more than the injector data, and every time the cars run like stock. No MAF or VE changes required to make it run.

If you don't like the values in that spreadsheet, then don't use it. But don't spew about your mistakes here.
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    No need to get a shitty attitude. If you're so sure it works, explain my situation. There's no mistakes.
    Better yet, look around this forum and you'll see nearly every PCM is clamped at 63.5 (8 g/s), hard coded into the hex file.
    There is no way around it.

I performed a simple test that proved this, and you come back with me screwing things up with my mistakes? Grow up.

I know you're not stupid. You're just being clouded by cognitive dissonance

And I'm no newb either. Don't let post counts fool you.
    Last edited by armcclure; 09-23-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Well, you got snippy while criticizing a lot of hard work, on something I've had success using many times.
    If you wanted a nicer response, then I might suggest adjusting the tone of your post.

In the end, I've had it work on every set of injectors I've installed. Why you're having trouble, I don't know. And honestly, I don't have the time anymore to try to figure it out.
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    I was not snippy at all, I simply provided factual information showing that you were incorrect. Just because there's not a smiley in the post doesn't mean i was being snippy.

I have verified this on multiple cars including my own, and this is something that is well knows across the board. It's silly to assume that even though every other 63.5 max pcm is clamped at that level, that the p12 would be any different.

Yes your tables "work". People have been using them for years. I even used that speadsheed myself before I knew any better.
    But just because something works does not mean it is right. Scaling injectors the correct way leads to more accurate fueling control over varying load and weather conditions.

Do not act like i was attacking you. I am very aware of the work you have put into things like this, and it is appreciated.

Whatever man, that's how it came across.
    Tyler

way overdue but a set of very basic LSJ tuning videos has been made and uploaded.
    The videos are mostly for editor setup only. I do go over a few tips in scanner setup that are guided towards helping the user view proper data when systems that cause undesirable results are left active.

in the short future a new video will be made to help show some new features and recap on some old ones that are commonly overlooked in VCM Scanner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    way overdue but a set of very basic LSJ tuning videos has been made and uploaded.
    The videos are mostly for editor setup only. I do go over a few tips in scanner setup that are guided towards helping the user view proper data when systems that cause undesirable results are left active.

in the short future a new video will be made to help show some new features and recap on some old ones that are commonly overlooked in VCM Scanner.

Thank you!!

Tuner in Training TheBritishColumbian's Avatar
    Thank you so much!

Potential Tuner
    hello! ive got a cobalt and hp tuners, i would like to know what do i need on my channels list for this specific car since i havent been able to get a good answer searching.

rpm
    etc%
    tps%
    advance
    kr
    iat *f
    coolant *f
    injector pulse ms (must record this to get duty cycle to work)
    injector duty cycle %
    commanded afr
    wideband afr from properly transformed external input
    maf sensor hz
    airmass g/cyl

*if you dont have a wideband and wish to tune all events outside of PE then:

ADD:
    ltft b1
    stft b1

REMOVE:
    wideband transformed

***you must have a wideband to tune WOT so get one asap if you dont already have one. aem eugo will work fine and wont break the bank.