Thread: Bought Calibrated Success, trying to create histogarms table does not exist, now what

Tuner

Bought Calibrated Success, trying to create histogarms table does not exist, now what

I recently upgraded my OS to a 2bar enhanced. I have a 2006 Z06, that has as far as I know, an E38.

I have a big cam, and have had some drivabilty issues, so I thought it would be a good idea to have some VE tables to work from:

This E38 enhancement contains the following features:
    - 2.5 bar (255 kPa) max MAP sensor support (calibration capability for GM 0-5V linear MAP sensors)
    - Rescaled MAF High Freq table supports up to 15400 Hz with 300 Hz resolution, also supports airflow up to 1024 g/sec
    - New VE tables with 33 x 33 cell resolution each and configurable MAP and RPM axes (choose your own resolution)
    - Charge Temperature based VE multiplier table, configurable axis
    - TPS based VE multiplier table, 33 x 17 cells with configurable TPS and RPM axes
    I am working on setting up histograms as described in "Calibrated Success", and so far so good. The last histogram I want to build needs a table "Primary VE vs RPM vs Map ", and I can't find it in the table list. I am usure of what to do now.

Please forgive me for asking what I'm sure are elementary questions for some of you that are more experienced. I am trying to make the right steps and move forward with understanding tuning for my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
    Last edited by kllrvet; 07-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Email your tune to me [email protected] I am still at the shop tuning and I will see if I can help you figure it out.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner
    sending now

Tuner
    Got it set up, and I can see how you created it. Not saying that I'm ready to start making my own, but it gives me an idea. Thanks so much!

I'm fairly familiar with histograms and am somewhat local if you need more help bud.

Justin
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

If your looking for further tuning resources i have the second sme-dvd2 if your interested

Senior Tuner
    When a table doesn't exist, you can define your own row and column axes inside the scanner too.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    I thought that I did create them, Here is the config attached to this post.

The histograms number 8, 10, and 11 do not work when connected to the car.

On the table display, my wideband is reading lambda just fine, but the commanded lambda and the lambda error does not work.
    Last edited by kllrvet; 07-23-2012 at 07:21 AM.

I rarely use the custom operating systems since the factory controls are sufficient for 99.99% of projects as long as you use them properly. That said, I also made a YouTube Video that shows how to create your own custom histogram with breakpoints from any HPT table.

Boost enrichment and boost fuel cut are handy for turbo setups. Other than that, the only other nice point is the disabling of baro updating. I've done tons of newer cars with the factory OS just fine though (E40s pretty much require the custom OS though).

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    I didn't realize that the new OS still used virtual VE. I thought I could log with a regular VE table that already existed in the software.

That doesn't explain why commanded lambda and lambda error don't work.

Advanced Tuner
    You can. It has real VE tables. Much, much simpler.

Did you get the AFR error histo to work?
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Tuner
    I am able to log lambda with no problem. I just can't log commanded, error, etc

Advanced Tuner
    This this configuration....

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    This this configuration....
    Well, since I couldn't get the commanded lambda and lambda error to work, I just used the Histgrams that you gave me and STFT to tune may MAF. Lambda would have been more accurate and faster, but what you provided worked great. Thank you so much for your help.