Thread: AFRError PID Missing

Question AFRError PID Missing

Anyone else seen this lately? I go to start up the scanner and magically my histograms cease to function and the AFR Error PID no longer is in the software. I can't go in to edit the PID either, or create my own. I had to reinstall an older version to get the PID to work. Didn't know if this is just a small beta glitch for a certain period or not. Figured I'd see if anyone else has run into this as well. I do believe the Gen III configs worked fine, though...
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Yes I've seen this, or something similar in the latter betas. The PID is there when you scan but when you close the log and then go back into it the built in PIDs (AFR Error and IDC) are missing. Close any logs and then you are able to create a user defined PID for AFR Error which is the same as the built in AFR Error and point my histograms at my AFR Error PID.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 07-18-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Can't say that I've seen it but email support and I can look into it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I believe I reported it a while back. I've seen others experience it as well. I'll report it again. Here are screenshots of the table and trying to insert a PID into a histogram with the log closed and with it open. I'll report it again. It looks like the IDC PID is OK now whereas in previous versions it was gone too. Now it is just the built in AFR Error PID.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 07-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Bill Winters

Something else I just noticed, the calculated cylinder air built in PID is gone too as are my user defined PIDs for FAKE AFR Error and Wheel Slip when the log is open. It's like when a log is re-opened it ignores the custompid keys 3-6 in the vcm scanner.cfg file.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 07-18-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Can't say that I've seen it but email support and I can look into it.
    I meant to report it, but the first time I had an issue with it was on a friend's laptop. It was kinda funny actually, I finally got Mike's AFM1000 setup at his shop to log directly into the scanner and when I was like "bam look here, ain't that cool" the AFR Error PID didn't work and I looked like a jackass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    I believe I reported it a while back. I've seen others experience it as well. I'll report it again. Here are screenshots of the table and trying to insert a PID into a histogram with the log closed and with it open. I'll report it again. It looks like the IDC PID is OK now whereas in previous versions it was gone too. Now it is just the built in AFR Error PID.
    Now that I think of it I was missing IDC too on a 418ci/PT88 E38 2 Bar deal. I thought maybe it wasn't supported on that setup, but now I know I'm not the only one. Things like this it feels good that someone like you have had the same issue, because then I know I'm not just crazy
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Alot of changes have been made to the scanner code over the last three or so months so make sure you are running the newest beta 2.23.678 or newer to rule out any early software bugs at least.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"