Thread: Help with Injectors/tune

Potential Tuner

Help with Injectors/tune

I have a 99 Regal that was heavily modded before I got my hands on it. I fixed everything and modded some more and now trying to figure the tune out. I want to upgrade the injectors but not even sure how the Ford 80 LBers are set up and I want to put 120's in. The flow rate is at 10.0 and table is set at lb/hr. Timing tables are completely flat. I'm learnin to tune now but none of the local experienced tuners know what to make of this tune.

The tune is obviously advanced and I don't want to completely start over or screw it up.

Can somebody check this out and give me little advise on how to proceed.
    Last edited by KRG; 07-17-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Get a stock bin and start from there.
    Last edited by matt5112; 07-18-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Thats about where I am at. The local tuners said no don't do that. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    I would use thecompare function from a stock file copy over all fuel inj data, then just input the new correct data for the 120s

Besure to get injectors that come with the correct data.

Potential Tuner
    Put a stock timing table back in there, that is just retarded. along with the correct fuel injector tables. that is very strange and very wrong. your MAF looks like it needs tuned too.

Advanced Tuner
    Do a nice healthy Scan. then post that.
    Does this car have a happy knob?
    A list of what has been done to the car. And any interior gadgets & gages.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Start over. Wow.

What in God's name is done to this car that you're needing 120 lb'ers?

Advanced Tuner
    pretty ugly tune!!!!!!!!!
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Advanced Tuner
    Hey KRG

Take a look over on RegalGS.org.
    A site specifically for these cars.
    Perhaps it was one of the members over there.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Potential Tuner
    Lol yes its the ugliest beat to shit low mile regal out there with an ugly tune, but it was faster than a mf with this tune. I bought this as a parts car but couldn't resist keeping it and it was rumored to have done 640 on the dyno. That was probably a corrected number for altitude. Not sure. I do know for sure that the car went 550 on this tune before running out of fuel.

Yes the car has a happy knob with the flat timing tables. Running LS1 TB, LT1maf and the afc is at 50%. CT46767 that really flows on a custom kit, big custom cam, flow matched stage 3 heads and two in tank racetronix pumps.

I'm not sure what was used to tune the car but this is what I'm reading with hptuners. I believe that the guy who tuned the car is or was a member on here.

The car is not ready for scanning. Having fitment issues with the turbo and will have to send back to Comp Turbo for some changes.

I have a new empty gas tank and want to convert to e85 while its empty and really started looking at the tune closely. Not as easy as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the input guys.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoJB View Post
    Hey KRG

Take a look over on RegalGS.org.
    A site specifically for these cars.
    Perhaps it was one of the members over there.
    I am a member over there.

Tuner in Training
    I'm very unsure how the car would run with that tune.... Stock-ish maf table, if it has 80# injectors, the car is getting 8x the fuel the pcm commands.

The only way I can see this car working is that the injectors are heavily scaled instead of adjusting the rest of the tune to correct fueling. Even so, 16* of timing is not Ideal for the low and mid throttle ranges, is this a track only car or do you plan to drive it on the street?
    02 GP GT top swaped...some other mods, headers waiting to go in

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=02bluegt;299875]I'm very unsure how the car would run with that tune.... Stock-ish maf table, if it has 80# injectors, the car is getting 8x the fuel the pcm commands.

The only way I can see this car working is that the injectors are heavily scaled instead of adjusting the rest of the tune to correct fueling. Even so, 16* of timing is not Ideal for the low and mid throttle ranges, is this a track only car or do you plan to drive it on the street?[/QUOTE

Yes the injectors are heavily scaled and the afc is at 50%. Found out a lot more about tune last night. They had problems tuning for idle and daily driving and addressed this on the forum way back and the same suggestions of starting over and the compare function were made. The previous owner and the tuner did not want to hear it or sure as hell didn't want to start over.

Going to track and drive car on weekends.