Thread: yukon injector help

yukon injector help

can someone please help me get the correct injector information. i have ls2 fast 46lb injectors, i can not figure out how to scale these.
    i have attached my tune.
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Tuner in Training
    I have been searching for the same information on FAST 57# injectors without much success. The data is either not available, or folks just do not want to share for some reason.

The only thing I could find was the attached spread sheet that does a generic (not specific to FAST injectors) calculation based of fuel pressure and injector ratings. Good luck.

Sorry guys but there is no data available on those injectors. You need to purchase something that you can get data for. The Fast injectors are not cheap, but you could have bought a set of Bosch green 42lb injecotrs (48 @58psi) and you can get the correct data for them by purchasing the Banish DVD 1 if you do not already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by scphilli View Post
    I have been searching for the same information on FAST 57# injectors without much success. The data is either not available, or folks just do not want to share for some reason.

The only thing I could find was the attached spread sheet that does a generic (not specific to FAST injectors) calculation based of fuel pressure and injector ratings. Good luck.
    That table is not really good for anything except the flow compared to the vacuum, and it is still not accurate. It is probably something in Excel rounding but I just did the numbers and they were not the same as on the calculator.
    You need the actual data, offset, pulse adder all the good stuff. Those injectors you have are drilled injectors, no data exists for them. You should go to Calibrated Success and read the write up he just did flowing some popular drilled injectors.

Tuner in Training
    Or, someone that has the injectors dialed in could share the data!

How do you dial in the injectors, you can't that was the point I was trying to make.

Tuner in Training
    My point was that there has to be quite a few folks out there that are successfully running the FAST injectors. It just seems like some info on what they did to be successful could be shared or discussed on a tuning forum.

Tuner
    You'd be better off getting yourself a set of LS9 injectors and getting all the proper data from a stock tune.

I've fought battles with FAST injectors in the past and now refuse to use them.

Senior Tuner
    Some many places sell and recommend these, not sure why if there is no good data.
    Surprised Fast doesn't "interpolate" or get some good data on their own to release.

I guess if so many are still purchasing them without data they do not feel its necessary.

You can't guess at the data. It takes very expensive equipment to "create" the data. My guess is there are allot of cars out there with those injectors and they don't drive very well. That can get chalked up to well that is what you get when you want this attitude. Bottom line is the PCM has to know what the characteristics of the injector are period, no substitute for this and there is allot of mis information being spread in the aftermarket about it. I have a flow bench and I can tell you what is being advertised by many is not accurate.
    You can use the ZR1 but you will have to deal with the wall wetting issues created when running in any intake besides the LS9 intake.
    You can keep spinning your wheels or you can back up and do it right and not have a headache trying to figure it out. You can purchase the DVD 1 from Greg at Summit, that CD has several sets of injector data that is included. Buy a set of injectors that he has listed, Bosch 42's Deka 60's etc. You can also call Injector Dynamics and purchase a set of their injectors and they will give you the data for them, but there is not short cut to it. If you want the car to run right, there are your two options.

i have dialed mine in to where the car runs very well, ill upload the tune tonight and you can use it,
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC