Thread: Disabling Vehicle via HPTuners?

Talking Disabling Vehicle via HPTuners?

Did a search but came up empty.

What is the easiest way to prevent a car (in my case an F-body) from starting within the ECM?

I was thinking about zeroing out the spark/VE tables or adjust something with the fuel system? I'd hate to see someone wash down my cylinder walls while trying to start the car over and over again.

Your thoughts?
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

You could just zero the MAF, VE, and spark tables. I don't know if that is the best way but it seems to be safe.
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Advanced Tuner
    zero everything. if it still runs, id be astonished

Tuner in Training
    pull the efi fuse...

Tuner
    There are cranking VE tables that you could zero out, and I would assume this would prevent it from delivering fuel. If I didn't know better, I would assume you were going on vacation and didn't want your kids taking it for a joyride. I think I know what you're up to with this one though.

IMO, there are better ways to make it not start and keep it hidden than in the tune.

Jack
    -2000 C5

Yes, the idea is to prevent untrustworthy types from playing with the car in my absence. Fuses can be replaced.
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon