Thread: Car runs great. VE table jacked?

Car runs great. VE table jacked?

Alright... I am puzzled and have gone through 26 logs to get to this point. My set up is a stock shortblock, heads and cam with:

TVS 1900, 9psi 10 at redline
    102mm TB,
    1 7/8 headers.
    e70(tested)
    Boost referenced regulator
    Full return fuel system
    F IC1000 95lb LS3 Fuel Injector set
    http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...p?productid=37

It had a perfect closed loop SD tune until I upgraded to the bigger throttle body which is the only variable changed This is my first time tuning on a blown application and in SD but I figured it would just need some massaging.

If you look at my VE table you will see that it is completely jacked. I logged everything under the sun this last time to try and spot the issue. Found some belt slip which is fixed now but now fuel is dropping at WOT. Can this be the reason I have the huge ridg at WOT?

Base fuel pressure (key on ignition off) 60lbs
    Key on engine running 55lbs
    I should be seeing 69 lbs at full boost but according to the log that isnt happening. Would that be why I have that huge ridge at WOT?

Anything else I should be looking for as far as issues? I checked for vaccum leaks and didn't find any.

Any tips and tricks would be great. The car runs great and the AFR isnt horrible the VE table is just nothing I have seen before...
    Last edited by cruiser787904; 07-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Tune prior to the 102mm TB

here is the tune prior to swapping to the 102mm TB and "touching up" the VE table.

Any direction you can give me would be great. Has anyone seen this before? I am using AFR error and once I get to less than a 10% error I switch to multiply % half. I have only touched the VE table is there another area I should be working on as well?

Should I just go back to the initial tune and start over? If so is everything set up correctly in the tune in my first post to tune VE using AFR error? I am hoping I made a mistake in set up that might be causing this.

Tuner
    Your IFR table is painfully wrong.

Your Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable is set to 2000 rpm. If you want to run Speed Density, set it higher than your rev limit.

I know the tuner I had before who is reputable had issues with dialing in the injectors. How would I go about correct the injector table given the injectors I have linked to in original post?

I will look into the Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable. Thanks for giving me a few things to look into...

Looking at Dynamic Airflow and I really dont think that will make a difference sense the root sensor it needs to make the calculation is disabled in the tune and removed from the vehicle completely but I set it above red line to take it out of equation regardless.

I am waiting on IFR info from a friend that is running the same injectors. Fingers crossed... Is there a way to tune for the injectors? Specific parameters I can log and then use to adjust the IFR table? I will search but thought I would ask...
    Last edited by cruiser787904; 07-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.

I adjusted the IFR table using the spreadsheet in the LS1Tuning guide. However I remember my tuner saying since they are modified stock injectors they were falling short of the the rated 95/lbshr. What should I log to to make sure the injectors are operating correctly as 95/lbshr?

I am going to flash the tune prior to the 102mm TB and add 15% more fuel and start over with part throttle tuning. However is there something I can log to help me dial in the injectors further?
    Last edited by cruiser787904; 07-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Another question would be why does my VE table in the original tune look so much better with the only change being the upgrade from a 92mm to a 102mm TB?

Got the correct injector data and what do you know everything is falling in place after 2 logs.... Just wanted to post incase someone else comes across this....