Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Cool LNF Config File...

Tuner in Training
    ([PID.2339]*9.369)-([PID.2340]/6.895)-.53

2339 as written in this formula is sensor voltage. That is why it's multiplied by 9.369 to achieve it's PSI counter part.

2340 as written in this formula is KPA. Dividing KPA by 6.895 gives us PSI.

I'm not sure as to why there is a -.53 on the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by LNFnewb View Post
    I work for another 3 hours so I won't be able to test it until I get off work. If that formula measures the boost in the charge pipe, what does the formula GMTech provided in the OP measure? ([PID.2339]*9.369)-([PID.2340]/6.895)-.53 is the formula I believe, Would I be better off changing it too ([PID.2339.PSI]*9.369)-([PID.2340.PSI]/6.895)-.53?
    Why not use both? They are pids that are measuring boost from 2 different parts of the air charge system. The "Boost2" pid that gmtech posted is for basically the manifold pressure minus barometric pressure via a different baro pid. The pid I posted is for the low resolution tmap sensor is the charge piping minus barometric pressure sae. The 2 different pids are good to watch together for 2 main reasons. 1) to make sure you aren't commanding too much boost at part throttle and 2) to register over the 22.48psi ceiling the manifold pressure sensor has (particularly if you are making over 23psi).

::Edit:: Thanks articzap. I didn't realize that pid was for manifold sensor voltage. It's too bad we don't have the option to register raw voltage on these map sensors.
    Last edited by Freakotec; 07-19-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    Anyways, this is the exact pid I use.. [PID.2338.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI]
    this. although mine doesnt have both periods in each section but im using the latest beta so that might be why.

i feel like the pid isnt being made correctly.

better yet why not use gmtechs .cfg file he posted? its already got the boost pid in the chart for logging.
    2008 Sky RL

whats the pid for VE Narrowband O2's? its histogram #5. mine shows it as an unsupported parameter.
    2008 Sky RL

no answer?
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the lnf has widebands there are no narrowbands on the lnf therefore the paramater does not exist.

wb lambda 1 is the name for the factory wb sensor
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

yeah i was wondering why he had that in his config file since we have a wideband.
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    whats the pid for VE Narrowband O2's? its histogram #5. mine shows it as an unsupported parameter.
    Leftover from a default cfg is all.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

so is this file jacked up or no?
    2010 Cobalt SS/TC aka "Cavalier SS" aka "Corsica SS" aka "Geo Metro ZR1"

It should be fine, just ignore the unsupported parameters.

everything worked fine except the boost2... its 100% worthless to me... its scaled all kinda funny, it said i made 20lbs while my RPD usually says 15ish... it showed 2lbs at idle and i think it showed 1.89 on decel once.
    2010 Cobalt SS/TC aka "Cavalier SS" aka "Corsica SS" aka "Geo Metro ZR1"

Boost 2 is most likely the lower CP sensor. Since the throttle plate is between the two boost sensors they aren't going to match. The lower CP one will show pressure as soon as the turbo spools. It will be the one to use over 22 psi at WOT though when the intake mani sensor maxes out.

Tuner in Training
    How do you find the intake and exhaust cam compensate parameters? And the other parameters that still need to be filled in?

Here is where Im at so far. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm missing a lot in the Table. For example I'm missing VE Airflow, Intake Air Temp 2 and several others.

How do I get those?

When I right click and hit Insert, they don't appear on my list to insert.
    Novice car guy with a 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged fully bolted with big wheel turbo upgrade aka K04+

why dont i have all the tables that you guys are seeing in the PIDs list?
    Like calculated load and boost and cam angles???

This is what im seeing

if you look at the top of the page it says "unknown id", which i think means that the scanner does not know what kind of engine/car it is supposed to be setup for.. i had a similar issue after i plugged into my brothers truck and did a log, many PID's disappeared. Easy fix, just plug the scanner into the car so it recognizes your vehicle... mine says "Chevy Cobalt (I4) 2009" Give that a shot first

Advanced Tuner
    Cant you upload your scanner.cfg file? Iirc that carries all of the custom pid and pid in the primary, table..

got a table display question. im wanting to monitor kr on all 4 cylinders but im trying not to have two different configs for it. i made some changes to my current table display to take out 4 spots i dont think i need.

attached a pic of before and after with after being on the left. i took out ambient air temp (sae), absolute load (sae), desired boost, and trans current gear.

can i leave those 4 tables out and substitute each for a kr cyl or do i need those tables and should keep both configs? like i said im trying to avoid needing 2 of them but if its not possible then no biggie.
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner
    trying to get the right set up for MAF tuning. For some reason I can't get the MAF correction table to show up? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburst_SS View Post
    trying to get the right set up for MAF tuning. For some reason I can't get the MAF correction table to show up? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    need to make your own.

go here and watch the first and last videos.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38868
    2008 Sky RL