Thread: L61 Injector Constant for Upgraded Injectors and S/C

L61 Injector Constant for Upgraded Injectors and S/C

I am setting up my tune for adding the M62 supercharger to my L61 '05 cavalier. i have a couple numbers, but then i got confused. i used the rough equation i have found laying around ((old flowrate/new flowrate)*old constant=new constant) to get a rough idea of where i should be, 0.0712. then i used the injector calculator tool and came up with a more exact number, 0.0597. but then i realized i am going to be using a 2.5Bar MAP, so i change the MAP in the calculator and come up with 0.1492.

here is the confusion, i will be using the 2.5Bar MAP, but the all the MAP scales will still be based off 1Bar.

my assumption is if i were to put the 60# injectors on my stock motor, i would use the 0.0597 because nothing else changed right? but that would lead to a lean condition with the S/C installed, so i would used the 0.1492 correct?
    Last edited by Sparkey; 07-05-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added calculation s.s.

Senior Tuner
    Why would you use a 2.5bar map if your OS will not be able to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Why would you use a 2.5bar map if your OS will not be able to see it?
    Some people tend to believe it is better for timing control (timing is map based). That it will allow more timing control in boost, but it also gives less tables out of boost.

I prefer to use a 1 bar map on the stock OS of a J and tune that way.

Jbody's ecu stock are tps x RPM for fueling.

You do have the option to switching to a 00-02 LD9 harness and ECU and using the GM reflash (which is map based).

Tuner in Training
    If you use #60 Injectors with 1bar MAP sensor = 0.0597
    #60 Injectors with 2.5bar MAP snesor = 0.1492

Injector Constant = [ Liter (displacement) / gram/second (Injector flow at fuel rail pressure) ] x MAP Sensor (Bar)
    Last edited by yoecotec; 07-11-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    Boost Lover