Thread: changing VIN 2012 Camaro

Advanced Tuner

changing VIN 2012 Camaro

had to change PCM and the imobolization errors show up as VATS has been disabled and car runs, but those lights won't go off.

I have an annual license for them and when I pull old VIn and insert new VIN it says "Vin changed successful" but in reality it isn't. even after a write entire the old original VIN remains.

am I doing something wrong?

Only VIN I have tried to change was a Bosch E69 ECU and if I recall correctly it took 3 times to 'stick'. YMMV.

Good luck getting the CASE learn to not set a code. Clutch position also if a manual. The VATs can be relearned in a half hour with the generic key on wait 10 mins, light goes off, rinse repeat 3 times procedure (so I'm told) but I've never tried it on the '12 E38.

Perhaps someone can tell you how it's done without the Tech tool from the dealer.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 07-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I switched a PCM on my 10 Camaro LS3 Manual but had someone change the VIN for me so cant comment on that, but I was never able to get the VATS relinked using HPTuners or any other at home procedure (tried them all). I never tried the dealer for Tech relink. Also to get it running had to have the cluck interlock disabled.

I have since swapped back the stock PCM but am afraid to full flash it due to these problems.

If you get it working please post how.