Thread: New owner of 08 Lmm already concerned issues?

New owner of 08 Lmm already concerned issues?

Well I have a 140000 mile I just picked up and dealer ever drove 300 miles to bring it to me... I am a mechanic by trade so gave it a good look over before buying and seen no issues.. I'll say I am no diesel mechanic as of yet.. But I changed oil and fuel filter day of and noticed there was no sensor wires for wif light found later plugged in but corroded off fuel can.. Had no lights prior but now it has fuel in water light at every start up?? Well I race and this truck is made for me to pull with.. Well it was a blazing 106 yesterday here in mo but I was going lol.... Strapped to my 26 ft enclosed and headed out.. Well I made it about a few miles and temps where going well past the 210 truck runs... Then it went into reduced power mode soon after but prior said chane fuel filter... So pulled over to hook scanned to truck.. No dtc shown?? Cleared and went away.. 225-235 temps on scanner... Cleared cooled and headed off interstate to get a better handle.. Scanner I noticed not many supported pids for sure! Tps also Saturday 15 % n never moved? Pulled off finally and checked out... Belt on... Water full... Fan working but maybe seemed to not be pulling when revving up like I would think is all... Took trailer off and truck has no issues with temps and runs around 210... So with all said help with concerns and maybe what to try?

Do I need to get new wif fuel sensor for can and will this clear that issues up?

Over heating into reduced power mode plan to seperate all cooling parts and clean pressure wash? Anything else needed?

Fan how and what temps should this be working to ensure is correct?

Scanner will not detect now on my old non beta software just keeps trying to connect and will not but will clear codes... What may be?

I did notice last night being temp outside where 80s it made it and sated at 210 untill hills and creaped up to rpm again and I had to clear.. But notice fan would kick in and temps would fall..

Guys any ideas on would help thanks!

Check to see if your radiators are plugged. Also check coolant level and see if it's low. Might not be a bad idea to go ahead and get a new WIF sensor harness
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    DieselPlace and DuramaxForums have alot of info regarding you're inquiry. Check out this thread - http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/07...ms-towing.html
    Jimmy

2005 LLY 4x4 3500 DRW 4 door
    AFE 4" Exhaust, AFE Stage II Intake (w/ Bladerunner), HPTUNER software!

2012 Keystone Raptor - 41ft 18k lbs

multiple smaller toys/ trailers/ campers

You can get a WIF sensor dummy plug to delete it, or you can just buy a new one. I think they are around $40 if I recall.
    If you are overheating, I would suggest going to the coin-wash and using a pressure washer to really clean out your cooling stack with hot water and soap. My truck is an 06 and it has pulled my 35 foot toyhauler through hell and back without ever over heating. As soon as the fan comes on it will sound like a jet engine and you will probably feel the slight power decrease from moving all that air. If its not coming on you might need a new fan clutch.
    the Duramax is pretty easy to work on and pretty tough too. Get it sorted out and you will LOVE it.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Tuner in Training
    Check out the nicktane adapter and CAT fuel filter. It eliminates the stock WIF sensor. I have been running this for over a year with no issues. The Caterpillar filter is cheaper than the stock, and no leaky WIF sensor on the bottom. Has a much better rating for microns filtered than stock to. No lights or codes when deleting the sensor. As for the heating up, i would recommend looking into exhaust mods. If your truck has stock exhaust, many improvements can be made to help temperatures, and power and mileage. That could help some of your problems.
    07' Silverado 2500HD, LMM Dmax

Tuner in Training
    any progress or luck Van?
    Jimmy

2005 LLY 4x4 3500 DRW 4 door
    AFE 4" Exhaust, AFE Stage II Intake (w/ Bladerunner), HPTUNER software!

2012 Keystone Raptor - 41ft 18k lbs

multiple smaller toys/ trailers/ campers

they bought truck back... ecu,fuel lines,re gen, fuel filter and reflash and still never fixed... gm wanted to do inj next... now looking at a 2009.. but this has a super chip 2856 on it and no one has the tuner... afraid to pull to test on um known tune... they will not foot the retune to assure im safe to pull before i buy.. im tempted to eat 100.00 and throw a tune in it... but heck tried to pull some on repository and they will not even open on 2.22 software?? thoughts anyone?

here what it says when i try to open the tune from repository?

Advanced Tuner
    Get the beta 2.23
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Okay must be missing how too? Not on my customer support area...

Advanced Tuner
    U need to email support and ask and give your interface serial number
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85