Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swaping a 411 PCM into my 98 Blazer "what to do"

Tuner
    Thanks mecanicman. A question on the 0411 swap, can I swap the 98 Blazer's serial number into the 2001 0411 computer so it will match the rest of the componets with HPtuners or will that have to be done by a different tuner? If so can you point me where to look, you don't have to detail how to do it. Thanks

Ken

Tuner
    Its been awhile since I started this post (over a year), I did get the E-Fan setup done but I'm still using the original computer. It all cost a little over a 100.00 for everything. I used 2000 3.8 V6 Camaro fans since they are cheap (40.00)at the local Up-pick-it yard and size wise the shroud fits the stock radiator. I believe these are the same as the V8 fans but not sure, they look the same. I powered the fans using the LS Camaro three relay setup. I found the 3 relays and bracket from a 97 S-10. The triggers for the relays came from pin9 in the computer for temp control and a trinary switch (30.00 on ebay) on the high pressure side of the AC. The power came from the 12volt lug for trailer accessory's and I switched the fuse to 40amp. The power for the triggers came from the 10amp ignition pin that isn't used in connector C pin 8D on the main fuse box under the hood. To connect to this pin you can rob a wire and connector from a fuse box at a junkyard. I got a high pressure segment from a 4cyl S-10 that has the pressure sender installed right below the high pressure tap. To get the trinary switch to connect to the fitting I had to take an old pressure sender for the 4cyl AC apart and weld a 3/8-24 O-ring fitting to it. This allowed me to screw in an adapter to connect to the trinary switch which uses an AC R12 fitting. If I was to do it over I believe there are trinary switches with fittings that with connect directly to the high pressure line which uses a 10mm-1.25 thread. I used the AC trinary switch that turns on at 240psi to trigger the fans at low speed. The computer turns one fan on high speed based on eng temp and if needed both fans will come on at high speed if the eng and AC circuits are triggered. So far it seems to work good for the cost. One thing that I noticed using the factory install relays that I did not need to install a diode in the computer trigger to prevent a code being set.

Ken

Advanced Tuner
    Knock sensor ..... I just looked at the wiring diagram from lextex and all you do is connect both wires before the pcm ,,, if you want the pinout email me
    Jim

Senior Tuner
    Dragging this up you guys were talking about using knock sensors from 98 vs 01... Customer has a typhoon with a 411 pcm in it, what is the knock sensor issues with that, does it need to be swapped to a later knock sensor the 411 is looking for or wired differently?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere