Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: THE Most Powerful and Neglected Tables in the LNF E69...

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Similar lol ur funny I like u
    spelling helps a lot lol. haha glad you like me. still not sure what your talking about though. which connectors, the fuel injector connectors or maf or what?
    2008 Sky RL

I believe he is referring to the MAF sensor wires.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

this really isnt that hard guys

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayhoff35 View Post
    For the life of god I can't get it that smooth for some reason. I've nailed it around 15*, but it won't stay put. I'll still spike to 25 or drop down to 3-5 randomly for no apparent reason every so often...

does everything stay smooth once your ect hits 140degrees? everything seems fine on mine until it hits 140 for some reason.
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Sounds like u have an ecu internal error if ur still having this problem. I don't remember but did u load the factory file for the vehicle and tell it to write entire to get the freshest of restarts?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    does everything stay smooth once your ect hits 140degrees? everything seems fine on mine until it hits 140 for some reason.
    mine stays smooth all the time now, for some reason sometimes when i turn the wheel when im sitting still it spikes though, just takes time to nail it down.

yeah i guess its from putting load on it. can you feel it when it spikes or is it just on the scanner?
    2008 Sky RL

i can feel it and see it on the log, also icant get rid of the dip after start it goes to 20 when it firststarts then dips to -4 and rises back up gradually.

Tuner in Training
    So I am confused.

Is this whole thread pretty much BS? The OP was called out and has not replied yet. Makes me wonder...

Basically Greg is correct and has the most info on Bosch Ecu's which back up his statements. gmtech info can help some people who run into problems though so it's not totally useless.

Advanced Tuner
    lol.

That's sounds rough now that I read it again a day later.
    Sorry tech didn't really mean that.

Greg has tons of info on not just Bosch but alot of others and with in field experience of a deeper lever than most tuners here I'd say his information I'd like gold.

Techs stuff works we know that for fact. Multiple people here have good tunes because of that.

The only reason I don't think this Is the best way is because these tables are as Greg said a torque model. Tune to be running at its best then adjust this table to match what your making. Best way to do that fast..... Solid state equipment . Techs way is a road tune butt dyno way. The results will be close but different at the same time. This Is just one mans opinion of course.

Again I appologise for my rude wording.

Advanced Tuner
    I spent 6 hours on the dyno yesterday alone tuning a full race LNF. I'll be on it for probably 6 more today. I doubt Greg has that much time on an LNF period. I know he's a smart guy, but he came on here like a total @sshole. He didn't "call me out", it's not grade school. I chose not to get into an argument with somebody that already has his mind made up. My motto is "Never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man". On the LNF, Greg is an unarmed man. He doesn't know what half of you guys know. Notice how he gave an extremely vague answer that my son could also have given? He didn't answer anything, he just stated the obvious. No details, no specifics, because he doesn't know them, at least not on the LNF E69.

You guys don't know what I work on our how much time I have on tuning. I now have SEVERAL championship winning LNF's out there now. I'm working with multi-million dollar teams and do a little more than "butt tuning". Really? When I first saw this I honestly felt like pulling down ALL my posts and giving up on trying to help. I'll bet my 550hp/550wtq 121 cubic inch daily driver against anything Greg has that he doesn't know half of what I know about the E69 SPECIFICALLY. I don't really care either, he popped in here like a total dick anyway. If that's his personality, I'm not interested in wasting a single minute dealing with guys like that anyway. Sure what he said was correct, about as correct as "An ECM controls fuel and ignition timing". Sure it's correct, but it's also what we knew in the '80's when computer control was first being used. Jump into the 2000's Greg. If you have SPECIFICS about tables in the E69, post up your thoughts. So far I haven't seen ONE WORD of specific, factual info from him. Only jumping on me because I'm the ONLY ONE that figured out how to use this table after it being out there for over a year. If this table was so easy, or worthless, or a joke, how come nobody did a single thing on it until I posted this? Because I was the only one that knew how it worked.

Sometimes you guys make it really hard for me to share.
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 10-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.

wow i shoulda just kept my mouth shut. sorry.

please dont stop sharing, i enjoy it when people share their knowledge and experiences to help each other out regardless if i can use that information or not.

keep on keeping on gmtech.
    2008 Sky RL

i still do not understand how to adjust this drop upon first start up, everytime it drops to -4. After a few seconds everything stays at a smooth 15* with 2/3% ETC. It does this on both cold and warm starts. I have tried everything. Anyone have any advice?

Is there a trick to getting this to idle smooth when you turn the ac on? I can hold 15* smooth as silk, then once the ac comes on it jumps like crazy...

This comment is false the Bosch controllers do follow different logic but the same principles:

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    If you think the Bosch control logic follows something other than the same science that governs all SI engines, you're in for a long and painful learning curve.
    And kinda earned this non serious jab:

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Lol. You're funny.

I got one back for ya...

Those that can, do.
    Those that can't, teach.

There, now that that's over, do you want to join in the discussion with some intelligent insight?
    But this comment was pretty rude and unnecessary:

"Viel Gluck, mein Freund. I wolle heir kein mehr Hilfe vorstellen. Du kannst mich mal."

efi calibrator, I don't know you and may or may not have read your work, but some of us on this forum speak German. So if you don't know a language very well don't talk shit in it, you may unintentionally say something rude if you do know what you said then I think GMTech is due an apology like he posted to the forum.

But I'm probably wrong.

So when everybody has their big boy pants on and has made up we can move on.

eficalibrator, ther than you first hand experience with the OEM hardware, the only understanding/advancement we have is our trial and error. Although we aren't always right with discoveries and ideas, we're often close and the group works it out.

But since you have access to and experience with OEM tuning/calibrating can you please help us with a flow diagram like this one: http://www.andersonperformance.net/GDI_TDDModel.jpg

I think that would be the single biggest help for everyone in this forum to understand this platform. Second would be to let us and HPT know what tables we're missing.

Thanks for helping the cause and sharing your knowledge,

--Christian

Quote Originally Posted by ovenroastedlnf View Post
    Is there a trick to getting this to idle smooth when you turn the ac on? I can hold 15* smooth as silk, then once the ac comes on it jumps like crazy...
    mess with your airload in 25-30% at the idle speed your at should help fix it

mess with your airload in 25-30% at the idle speed your at should help fix it
    so the trick to getting a smooth idle with ac on or off is modifying the dal, main spark, and opti spark all around 25-30% load at 400-1000rpms (i think those are the rpm values it gives us but cant remember off the top of my head)?
    2008 Sky RL