Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjustable Launch control for the LNF!

Advanced Tuner
    You can still do a burnout with the LC set at any RPM over 3,000. In a FWD car you just need to rev it up and plant the parking brake, in a RWD car you either need a line lock or need to do a power brake. As long as you have the brake force on the vehicle, the RPMs will raise as soon as you dump the clutch.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrosiege View Post
    Is there a way to adjust the Factory Launch control in HP Tuners? Or is it just a work around that you are mentioning in this thread? It would be nice if you could activate it with Competitive Mode. Then you can switch to just traction off for doing burnouts at the drag strip, then switch back to launch control for the actual launch.

Or is there another way to accomplish this? Because burnouts would not really be possible with the rev limit set to the launch revs.
    iirc once you start the burnout the engine switches to gear 1 in the tables allowing you to have the full rpm range

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
    iirc once you start the burnout the engine switches to gear 1 in the tables allowing you to have the full rpm range
    You're correct, it's triggered by the clutch switch. Once the clutch switch is released the RPMs will rise. This is dependent upon the positioning of the clutch switch, it may take some adjusting.

What are some of the recommended launch control RPMs?
    I plan to run sticky summer tires, but no changes to the engine hardware (stock turbos at 24 psi). 3200 RPM? 3000 RPM?

Potential Tuner
    So, I understand this is an old thread.

I am trying to do this with my Solstice, and it seems that I don't have quite as many options as the Cobalt, HHR crowd.

When I set my Park/Neutral rev limit to 3k all I get is my throttle maintaining it at 3k.

I would like to have this, but I'm having trouble getting it working.

I did try changing my timing at low load at 3k but that caused misfiring when driving down the road.

Any advice on how I can get this working?

Thanks