Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable Launch control for the LNF!

Adjustable Launch control for the LNF!

I've neglected my car lately and have put most of my concentration on my mitsubishi and subaru customers. Well today I went for a ride and decided to mess with a few tables to correct for a idle issue I was having then BAM! I had this idea.... and it worked!

There is a catch to it, but not too serious of a issue and I may have it solved. I need to do a little more testing. Right now I can change the AFR/Lambda that it revs at, and the amount of timing. So it could help spool big turbos off the line in the future.

Here is the video of a 3k rpm launch.

http://youtu.be/GzBrGVEbbOc
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 06-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

subscribed! i want to see this unfold cuz i have been wondering this since i got hptuners.. i always thought to my self why dont they have a table that specifically says launch control...
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the launch control has been adjustable iirc but how you controllerd the afr to demand what you want im listening
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

This whole thing is a very simple idea. The afr and timing control is just a matter of a few multiplier tables. The load is steady between 15% and 20% load. I tested above 3k and it was a little too much.
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 06-26-2012 at 10:09 PM.

anything over 3200 with any bolted lnf has been pointless.
    thats why we dont run the wot box the lsj guys use

The AFR actually follows you PE table while you have it set up like this. So if you change your pedal postion from 60% to 100% you have AFR control while maintaining a steady rpm. Spark correction table in the spark tab is how you control timing. Requires a little bit of playing with rescaling the rows or columns

Il post up how i did it. I wont be back home for a few more hours though.

rpm vs gear under 0 should help limit the boost level under 2step
    spark correction allows timing changes under 2step @afr
    and fuel cutoff vs gear/normal/ value park/neutral lower to desired 2step hold rpm
    that it?

if you download "Debut Video Capture Software" and run it while you make adjustments it will record the monitor output and any inputs from a microphone. its how i did my videos and its free on cnet.com
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-26-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Thats about it! The only issue I have had so far with it is that you cant rev passed your set rpm at any time while free revving sitting still or basically you cant turn it off. not bad because its pretty much pointless and not very friendly on your engine to redline your car in neutral... once your moving its fine and you can rev but thats the only issue ive had. Being able to adjust for a rich spool or timing retard off the line should help few of us in the future. Thnks for the othe tip cobaltssoverbooster on boost control. Il test that out as well. As of right now it sets at 2 psi with the torque settings I was running.
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 06-27-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good I like the idea, I do have the wotbox but had I of know that we could use this.Looks like that was money that may have been better placed in the car!!!
    06 GTO BOOSTED 440CI Self Tuned
    09 COBALT SS S256,TREADSTONE IC and much more...Silverbullet08 Tuned!

Plus the wot box spools hard and with the turbos we run us need big slicks to plant it

wouldnt launching at a lower rpm with the wotbox make less boost and be easier to launch with?

i have the wotbox and if i have the 2step set at 3k all i do is spin the tires. i havent tried launching less than that yet but a lower rpm 2step makes less boost and should be easier to launch. again i havent tried it yet, been working on my tune, but ill try to soon and see how it works.
    2008 Sky RL

the guy down here runs the 1/8 and said installed alone its useless but after we made changes with spark and boost cut we had alot better control. if the clutch wasnt slipping we would have seen good 60' gains im sure, it made the 60' numbers pretty consistent but that was all we tested we never completed full power runs to save what little cluth we had left.

the thing to be butthurt over now is that since everything can be done 100% through hpt those with a wot box just spent abo 200$ for something they didnt really need lol
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-28-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    the guy down here runs the 1/8 and said installed alone its useless but after we made changes with spark and boost cut we had alot better control. if the clutch wasnt slipping we would have seen good 60' gains im sure, it made the 60' numbers pretty consistent but that was all we tested we never completed full power runs to save what little cluth we had left.

the thing to be butthurt over now is that since everything can be done 100% through hpt those with a wot box just spent abo 200$ for something they didnt really need lol
    Well, not butt hurt this discovery was found long after i purchased the wot box im thinkin about pulling it off and selling it to the lsj group... win win i didn pay much for it anyway
    06 GTO BOOSTED 440CI Self Tuned
    09 COBALT SS S256,TREADSTONE IC and much more...Silverbullet08 Tuned!

the honda guys get word and thing be gone lol

well since it seems like the bugs still need to be worked out and im not to that stage of my tuning yet that im not butt hurt either lol.

i like the ability to change the 2step rpm on the fly, set it higher for the water box then lower for the launch. plus the nls is sooooooo much better than the gmpp tune.

ill keep my wotbox for ease of use.
    2008 Sky RL

ive had my launch control on forever, it always falls on its face when i try it though. Maybe ill take it out and play with it tomorrow.

i tried the wotbox 2step at 3k but that just smokes the tires lol. ill set it back to 2k and go up from there.
    2008 Sky RL

Potential Tuner
    Is there a way to adjust the Factory Launch control in HP Tuners? Or is it just a work around that you are mentioning in this thread? It would be nice if you could activate it with Competitive Mode. Then you can switch to just traction off for doing burnouts at the drag strip, then switch back to launch control for the actual launch.

Or is there another way to accomplish this? Because burnouts would not really be possible with the rev limit set to the launch revs.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrosiege View Post
    Is there a way to adjust the Factory Launch control in HP Tuners? Or is it just a work around that you are mentioning in this thread? It would be nice if you could activate it with Competitive Mode. Then you can switch to just traction off for doing burnouts at the drag strip, then switch back to launch control for the actual launch.

Or is there another way to accomplish this? Because burnouts would not really be possible with the rev limit set to the launch revs.
    No because the BCM/ABS are involved I believe. They looked into it for us. Not happening.