Thread: Getting my nuts kicked in here

Potential Tuner

Getting my nuts kicked in here

I am going to begin this long winded post with saying I am not asking you to do it for me, I am turning to the experts here to help me understand what I am doing wrong and how to fix it without toasting something in the process. I do not have a wideband right now. Truck info is in my signature.

So here it is I had a broken exhaust stud in the head and nasty coolant, so I figured I would just do the heads and cam while I had it down that far (I was going to wait till I got out of the Marine Corps and home end of July, I am currently in NC and from Utah) so now I am trying to get this thing tuned well enough so I can drive it home and dial it in, I have a wideband there. so far I dont think I have gotten anywhere I followed the idle tuning thread with the screen shots in it and it still will jump up to about 1100 back down to 650 RPMs.

Next I have tried getting it dialed in under 3000 RPMs before I did anything else so my log file doesn't really have anything over 3000 RPMs and I feel like I haven't gained any ground there either it feels like a dog. I understand that this cam is designed for 3 grand and up and that the tires and gears are killing the performance all the way around. Once I get home to my shop I will be regearing.

I will post up the tune, log, and config file as soon as I get home today. Thank you in advance for your time and help, and sorry for the poor grammer. Again sorry for it being so long winded but I figured the more info the better.
    2000 SCSB Sierra 4.8/4L60E Transgo HD2 shift kit and corvette servo/ 3.42 rearend/ 305/45/22 tires/ LLP long tubes/ SDPC HT1 cam/ ported heads. Its a work in progress

Potential Tuner
    Alright here they are, again thank you for your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 SCSB Sierra 4.8/4L60E Transgo HD2 shift kit and corvette servo/ 3.42 rearend/ 305/45/22 tires/ LLP long tubes/ SDPC HT1 cam/ ported heads. Its a work in progress

Tuner
    Raise your PE enable MAP, lower your PE enable RPM and TPS tables.

Your RAF also needs to be raised

Potential Tuner
    Those seem to help a bit, are there any other areas of concern or anything I am missing that is going to be catostrophic to my engine when I drive this thing across the U.S.