Thread: 2002 TA Tune

Tuner in Training

2002 TA Tune

Hi all
    Can you please look at my tune and tell me what you think? The car runs good, and idles fine a little rought but that could be the cam. It has good pick up, everynow (not that often) and then when stopping the idle will drop to around 400rpm's. Every now and then I will get a misfire code, old or immature and or old and immature.

Thank you for your time
    Mark
    Have a great day
    Mark

2002 Trans Am; Kooks Long Tube Headers; Comp Cam 112LSA, 232-236/574-578; Patriot Dual 'Gold' Xtreme Springs; JP Double Roller Timing Chain; SLP Cold Air intake and Lid; Magnaflow Exhaust

Advanced Tuner
    Might want to post a scan from a bit more spirited drive. I only took a quick look at the scan, did you do anything with tq management? 6spd car, looks like its still pulling a ton of timing between shifts. Also your timing is swinging pretty hard @ idle.

Scan a couple pulls and post that data.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Took a quick look at your scan. LTFT are pulling a bunch of fuel. Even though the STFT don't look too bad when you look at the Average, take a look at the max (+) and min (-) readings. They are jumping from one end of the spectrum to the other end meaning they are struggling to make the necessary corrections. As your tune gets dialed in, you will notice the max and mins for STFT will still vary slightly, but not at the ranges you have now. When I was geting close using AFR error vs VE, I took the LTFT data and paste special multiply %-half to the VE table until my AFRs were more stable and the LTFTs settled down. I used the same technique after I hooked the MAF back up and was working the MAF curve. As far as your misfires, when are they occurring. I saw the same thing but it was around idle, and not under load or WOT when you would expect it. That usually indicates the crank sensor is having issues. There is a setting in HPTuners to desensitize the sensor and after i did that i had no further issues. Misfires can drive the best of mechanics nuts, especially if the wires, plugs, coils and electrical all check out.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Eagle, I will take it out tomorrow to pull more a scan, the first part of the one posted was the warm up. I have not done anything with Tourque Managment yet. I was trying to get the timing and Idle under control. At times it seems to dip low on idle when coming to a stop. Under idle I get some misfires which I am sure has to do with timing and air. What kind of changes to Tourque Management would you suggest, also how would you suggest even out the timing?

Thanks for all of your help.
    Mark
    Have a great day
    Mark

2002 Trans Am; Kooks Long Tube Headers; Comp Cam 112LSA, 232-236/574-578; Patriot Dual 'Gold' Xtreme Springs; JP Double Roller Timing Chain; SLP Cold Air intake and Lid; Magnaflow Exhaust

Tuner in Training
    Hi tpcaz, thanks for the suggestions. I will look for the crank setting. Do you have a sample tune that you use that i could use as a reference? Again thank you for all of your suggestions.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Have a great day
    Mark

at a quick glance, i would tune your ve table prior to messing too much with anything else, you are still rockin the stock table, and dont waste your time trying to tune ve without a wb. next, tuning your raf table will really clean up that idle. then u can move on to timing. also, if you dont have cats installed, might as well disable cot... your random misfire is most likely bc of your 112 lsa lope at idle, usually the lower the lsa, the more aggressive the lope is. hope this helps!!!

Tuner in Training
    Hi all here is the log from tonight, I made a couple of small changes first, around frame 2271 I was at around 78mph with no issue with drive ability, but around frame 4533 it appears the fuel cut out around 80mph.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Have a great day
    Mark

Advanced Tuner
    Where abouts in IL are you?

I'll take a look today and see what I can come up with for ya. The above suggestions about RAF and VE tuning before anything else are both sound suggestions. Are you familiar with how to do those adjustments?

Have you done any idle tuning at all yet?
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner in Training
    Hi Eagle
    I live in the suburbs of Chicago, I have done some idle tuning but know i need to do more. Right now I am working to get the car to the inspection station before i start tuning more. Being new to HPTuners, I am trying to learn all I can and working slow along the way.

Please let me know of any other questions or suggestions.
    Thanks for your time
    Mark
    Have a great day
    Mark