Thread: No start issue with turbo lq9

No start issue with turbo lq9

Okay. I drove basically the same setup last year for about 50 miles. So I really cannot understand why I can not get it to start. Here is the mod list
    3 bas sd os
    632/632 turbo cam
    ported and reworked heads with larger valves
    forged pistons rods crank etc... 9.2:1 compression
    Ls6 intake forward facing manifolds
    80 lb injectors with a 1000 pump and fast rails all supplied with -8 and dual -6 return regulated at 43psi via a aeromotive 1:1 boost regulator
    all sensors brand new and verified working.
    stock throttle body (also tried changing to bbk)
    all vacuum lines are braided so all leaking possibilities are pretty much covered.
    quick spool valve with garrett gt4294 turbo
    that covers the basics as to what will be needed to know for the tune.

I have verified injectors are pulsing properly and there is good spark.
    things I changed since last setup:
    smaller diameter hot side to increase velocity
    quick spool valve
    braided lines for every component.
    every gauge removed and replaced with aftermarket autometer ultralite 2
    electric water pump
    some chasis supports front bumper support radiator fan and such that does not matter for tuning.

The other day I could get the car to start and die within seconds. It acted like VATS but I had it disabled. Now It just cranks and cranks and every 2 seconds pop one cylinder. I found a map sensor wire broken and replaced the connector. It is a gm 3 bar map. It is EXTREMELY rich. It smells like I am huffing gas when cranking it even if I got into clear flood mode. When I could get it started it smoked out the garage pretty much instantly with black smoke. It was pretty rough. But that was also before I found the broken map wire.
    I literally had no problem hitting 20 psi last year with this exact same tune so something has to have changed. Can anyone shed some light on this? I will post a log of it cranking and my tune but honestly for some reason my scanner suddenly decided it will crash every time I open it so I am waiting to hear back from tech support to be able to even look at the scan. Basically I am sorry if my data sucks.

If anyone has a good 3 bar OS configuration I would appreciate it. I searched for one and came up empty and when making one the software crashed on my last gauge I was positioning. I am not posting that configuration for fear I made a parameter unsolvable and it wouldcrash someone elses software. I will post after I verify its safe with tech support

Ever get it to start?
    " '01 SS "