Thread: New injector suggestions for an LS7?

Advanced Tuner

New injector suggestions for an LS7?

I was hoping I would not have to install new injectors, as that's just one more thing to worry about, seeing how I'm new to this world of tune by computer.

After calibrating VE (virtual), MAF and WOT the best I can on the street without getting the car impounded, it looks like I better move to a larger injector. I have no idea what to buy or what to look for. Spray pattern, size, etc... I may end up moving to a Fast intake some day, and I understand that if I do, I will need to either use taller injectors or adapters with the OE fuel rail (which I would prefer to use verse aftermarket rails and more fittings).

I can not (nor would I) hit WOT in fourth. Not many places to safely drive 160 mph. In second gear, I hit 94% duty cycle. This was at 6400 rpm, 70% tps and 12.2 afr. Would it be a reasonable assumption that I could see 100% duty cycle in third or fourth gear at WOT?? I'm guessing so.

I am keeping the car N/A.

Suggestions would be most appreciated.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

I suggest you post your tune and a log. You will be asked for it!
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    OK.

Ignore wide band input, as I had removed it from the car before this log. The tune is still a work in progress. Working on spark now, and it's kicking my ass.

Tuner
    Siemens Deka shorty 60 lb/hr

If NA, LS9 injectors. I have a set I can ship. Email me at dsx.tuning at gmail dot com.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Dave. I have been told that the LS9 injectors had a different spray pattern than the LS7 injectors, and were not the best choice for N/A. Granted, the fella that told me that may not know one way or the other, but can you verify this?? And are they taller, or tall enough to use the OE fuel rail with a Fast intake??

I have never had a problem with LS9 injectors. They are the same physical size as LS7 injectors. No adapters or spacers needed. I'm in Alaska right now so my responses may be delayed.

The spray pattern is different, but it has never caused an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    Thanks Dave. I have been told that the LS9 injectors had a different spray pattern than the LS7 injectors, and were not the best choice for N/A. Granted, the fella that told me that may not know one way or the other, but can you verify this?? And are they taller, or tall enough to use the OE fuel rail with a Fast intake??
    Like DS stated they are used quite often for plug and play use. If the spray pattern shows any slight effects you can address it with Dynamic Fuel Control tables.

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    I was in a hurry, so I just ordered a set of new 60 #ers from Fuel Injector Connection. They told me they are a direct drop in, and come with new parameters. The angled spray pattern made me nervous. You're in AK?? Swing by and fix my f'ing timing tables! I'm about ready to give up.

Lol I'm in Ketchikan right now. I am on a cruise. Won't be on land again until Friday in Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    I was in a hurry, so I just ordered a set of new 60 #ers from Fuel Injector Connection. They told me they are a direct drop in, and come with new parameters. The angled spray pattern made me nervous. You're in AK?? Swing by and fix my f'ing timing tables! I'm about ready to give up.
    What's wrong with them?
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Advanced Tuner
    Dave enjoy your trip in our beautiful state! Next time, call me and I'll hook you up.

Justin, I have been chasing knock for three days now. I log a run, paste hist retard onto my table, smooth and all that bullshit, flash the car, go for another log, more knock, ect. What's killing me is the part throttle increase in between 1200 - 1800 rpm in fifth or six. I have been trying to tame cam surge in this area, but when I add timing, I get knock. My tables are so screwed up right now, I just decided to copy the tables that RWTD posted in another thread from his LS7. I also disabled bust knock to see if that's what I was getting. I'm going to take another spin down the road and see if these changes do anything.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that fuel in Alaska sucks. 90 octane is our "premium", and the crap that is refined in the state is just that, crap.
    Last edited by Michael_D; 06-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.