Thread: STFTB1 O2 still says trims even after CL disable

STFTB1 O2 still says trims even after CL disable

I'm seeing something strange in my logs and wanted to see if anyone had any tips. I've disabled closed loop as seen in the banish CD. I currently have no o2s in the car, two widebands are in their place and i'm trying and get the MAF dialed in. So, what i'm seeing is this: Even with closed loop off, the STFTB1 o2 sensor will show a trim (in this case positive). The STFTB2 O2 though seems to stay at zero as expected. I'm also seeing some big differences in each banks( full point) wideband which i assumed was mostly LM2 vs the AFx wideband differences. Anyone know what could be causing this?
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 06-20-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I am wondering if it is some type of HO2 or Evap Test.

You still have many DTCs set to 1 (though with out SES) for you HO2S'

May Set to 3 and relog.

Do you have any Dtcs?

I'm not seeing anything on the dash, but i didn't go and check DTCs with the logger. I tried taking the car out again last night hoping by disabling closed loop with the Logger and resetting my trims it might fix it, but nope I'm still seeing some STFT02B1 activity.

I'll look into the DTCs more tonight. I thought that just un-checking the box would disable them, i guess i didn't pay enough attention to what they said? Any specific ones you are referring to that could be giving me trouble? I'm new to the whole GM tuning stuff, but I've been tuning other platforms for years.

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 06-20-2012 at 08:36 AM.