Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Grand Sport A&A start up issues

Good lord almighty I can't win with this thing. Every time, after it's sat for 20-30 minutes, no matter what I do, it turns over for 2-3 seconds before getting the fuel it needs to fire.

The current tune I have is firing up nice with the airflow settings, it's just a lack of fuel keeping it from popping off on the first hit. If I go back to stock FA and stock cranking VE, it still does the same thing.

In looking at the stock tune vs V74, were you having an issue with cold starts? It looks like you made adjustments to the entire table for startup fuel and airflow. I did that and I jacked up my cold starts (DOH!!)..... So I just changed the numbers in the warm areas.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-13-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    In looking at the stock tune vs V74, were you having an issue with cold starts? It looks like you made adjustments to the entire table for startup fuel and airflow. I did that and I jacked up my cold starts (DOH!!)..... So I just changed the numbers in the warm areas.
    No, cold start is gravy :-/

If you look at the numbers, the changes you made don't seem that big. But if you look at percentage of change from stock there is quite a difference. I made a spreadsheet and copied my stock table and made a simple formula to calculate a specific universal change (Like 20% across the table). Yours have changed varying amounts. Not sure if that helps or not.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Yeah I know... just trying even it out between the segments a little above 60c. I definitely know it's something in the tune if cold start is fine. I was thinking maybe some weird bleed down issue with the injectors, but no it fired right up the last 2 mornings. It's just after it heat soaks it is hard to start. I gotta figure this out today or I'm gonna go insane lol

did you get it fixed?
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-14-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

These are the exact symptoms I have. I have worked on this damn startup issue for a year and can't seem to make it better. Did you found anything that helped??
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
    I'm a little curious if these FIC redrilled stock injectors maybe have a bleeding issue... Because it really does just act like its a fuel flow issue.
    Well, if it quacks like a duck...

Try this.... when you shut the car off rev the engine up and shut it off and hold the pedal WOT. This will flush any residual fuel out of the ports and cylinder heads. Try to crank it up... if it fires right up you either have wrong injector data or the injectors are in fact bleeding off. With larger injectors the problem increases it plague. I had a car with 2 different sets of FAST shorty (look just like OEM LS7) injectors and they were terrible. I finally convinced the fella to let me order some Siemens 80's and the problem was solved. I even went as far as zeroing out the voltage offset and short pulse data so that it would for sure not pulse the injectors and they still couldn't control themselves correctly at low pulsewidths and cranking/shutting off.

Just say NO to re-drilled injectors.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Just say NO to re-drilled injectors.
    This. Only one company makes modified injectors that actually function totally correct.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    This. Only one company makes modified injectors that actually function totally correct.
    These re-drilled injectors have gotten so bad that I tell customers I wont touch a car that has them.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    These re-drilled injectors have gotten so bad that I tell customers I wont touch a car that has them.
    I have the same policy. I want no part of it. I don't care if they buy the IDs from me or not (although it's nice when they do, haha)... but anything with a big injector has to have IDs, or I tell them to go elsewhere.

I have the same policy. I want no part of it. I don't care if they buy the IDs from me or not (although it's nice when they do, haha)... but anything with a big injector has to have IDs, or I tell them to go elsewhere.
    He's very correct on that statement!

Wow, this thread is still going? The problem didn't turn out to be anything injector related. It was every time the IAT's got really heat soaked after sitting for awhile (70+ degree's celsius). I got the car fixed for the most part, but the key to the problem is in the IVT gain parameters. Unfortunately I couldn't get my scanner to log that info. So I really wasn't able to dial it in. But that's where I would spend your time if you are having similar issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
    FIC redrilled stock injectors maybe have a bleeding issue...
    The FIC 80's are not a redrilled injector.

Sounds to me that as few folks here have an agenda, that has nothing to do with tuning. Because if someone never gave them any data they would be lost.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

You must be excellent with tea leaves and astronomy.

Advanced Tuner
    You must be excellent with tea leaves and astronomy.
    Yep, cause my car goes like a rocket where as your car, well it does nothing.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

I wasn't aware you knew something about my car that I didn't. I just drive it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    Yep, cause my car goes like a rocket where as your car, well it does nothing.
    WTF
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.