Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Grand Sport A&A start up issues

2011 Grand Sport A&A start up issues

Ok I'm literally at my whits end with this thing. I don't think it has anything to do with the tune, but the techs working on the car think it's something on my end, and the customer doesn't care, he just wants his car to fire up as soon as he hits the button.

Basically, sometimes/most times, it fires up immediately and purrs like a kitten.. but if you drive the car and leave it parked for 15-20 minutes and get back in it, the engine spins over for a good 3-4 seconds sometimes before it fires. And once it fires it's good, no idling problems or anything.

To me it acts like it's got a fuel pressure problem... So I put a manual gauge on the regulator on the A&A fuel system, and after 15-20 minutes it drops down to like 20 or so.

But this morning it showed 0 and as soon as I hit the start it fired right up. It's only after it's heat soaked for a little bit.

if someone can go over what i've done and let me know if you see anything I'm overlooking, I would greatly appreciate it. I need this thing out of my hair and it's just this one issue keeping me from sending it down the road.

2011 Grand Sport
    230/244 on a 114 Cam
    A&A Supercharger with V2 T trim
    A&A Fuel System
    Kooks 1 7/8x2x3 headers w/ ZO6 exhaust
    NGK Iridium IXTR8 plugs
    MSD Wires
    FIC 850cc injectors
    Devils Own meth injection

Oh, "flash" is the stock tune and v64 is the latest/greatest lol

Which should prove about how long I've been scratching my head on this one lol

sounds like you have a problem between HOT Start and COLD start
    just confim what i;m i saying

when the car is COLD ,,, it start up perfect

and when its hot ,, u shut it down ,, and start it up ,, and start perfect

but if its hot u shut it down ,, and wait for 15 min ,,, then it need a little time to start
    im i right ?

note : english is my second lanuage ,, so i need to clear before i post any help

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Yes, and since you are from Kuwait, you should know all about hot start! lol the car never had the problem until we installed the supercharger, fuel system, and injectors. it had the cam before all that, and fired up every time, no problems at all.

This is the cam only tune that started up perfect every time.

i am guessing you have an airflow issue
    i am guessing that ,, because u only have added 5 grams/sec

what i have down is smothed the area between the hot start and the cold start
    file attached i hope that would help
    i have another comment
    if you are using Andys fuel system ,
    then you can just add the 88 fuel injector size because its boost refrence
    i have done that for 90+ fuel injector with the supercharger Corvette

anyway ,, file is attached ,, you can have a ago ,, and i really hope that file will help u

Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929

I've made a few tweaks to the start up airflow and cranking fa. I won't know if it helps the problem at all though till I drive the car a little then let it set for 15-20 minutes.

Yeah no matter what I do, if the car sits for more than 10 or 15 minutes, it takes a few seconds before it fires. But if you shut it off immediately and try again, fires on the first revolution. I really think there's an underlying fuel pressure bleed down issue, but I have 2 gauges on the car, and even though the pressure does go down after the car has been sitting for a little bit, the pressure always pops right up to 60 as soon as you hit the key. So I'm thinking maybe the injectors are bleeding down or something and taking a second to fill back up? Is that even possible? I know they are re-drilled stock injectors, so I would suspect that's a pretty big possibility.

Here's another scan, this one it didn't fire on the first attempt, then fired immediately and perfectly on the second attempt. Also attaching the current tune file.

Alright after messing with the cranking FA and blending the numbers a little bit in the 60+c range, fired right up after the flash. we'll see if it does the same after a trip around the block and leaving it sit for 15 minutes.

Same problem different day on that last one. After leaving the car sit for 10 minutes, hit the start, fires and dies. second attempt, after 3-4 seconds of cranking it fired and held.

I will look at them when i open my laptop
    Im on ophone now

Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929

I think you need to find a happy medium between Cranking VE, Startup Airflow, and Startup Fuel FA.

I had that same issue on mine after I changed to larger injectors and re-adjusted my MAF for my Air Intake. I have reduced the Cranking VE, added to Startup Airflow and took away from Startup Fuel. So far that has fixed my issue. Not saying that will fix yours but try playing with those tables.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-13-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

That's basically the conclusion I am at with it too. I'm a little curious if these FIC redrilled stock injectors maybe have a bleeding issue... Because it really does just act like its a fuel flow issue. If the cars been sitting and you hit the start button, it's gonna crank a little while (very freely spinning). But then if you try it again right away, boom, she fires right up no issues. The fuel pressure jumps up almost immediately after hitting the start button, I'm just wondering if the injectors take a second or 2 to fill back up. That's why I'm on the fence with these redrilled ones. Never used them before so I'm definitely thinking that could be part of the issue.

Here's what it looks like after it's heat soaked for a little bit. It actually does look pulse width related. Just not much fine tuning in the cranking FA table since it goes in 10 second increments :-/

I have been taking 10% away from that table at 86* and above (Since it is a warm start issue) and am currently at -30% and so far so good....

P.S. I am running Seimens Deka under the Ford Racing brand M-9593-LU60 injectors.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-13-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Yeah, on most of my start up tunes I take 10% out of that, and set the cranking ve to 80. I think I'm getting closer to having it nailed. This car is just being very finiky. Normally the start up tunes I do only require slight tweaking. This one is taking years off my life. lol

Yeah, my VE is set to that also.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

80% of the time, it works every time lol