Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cam Overlap Correction Help Please!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Hopefully u didn't destroy the cats. I'd take it out and get it good and warm to clean out the cats. Red usually means thermo nuclear meltdown. Lol
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Ha yeah I hope I didn't ruin the cats either. I think I am going to be ok since they weren't red hot for more than a minute or so. Plus I checked the exhaust flow, with my special exhaust flow gauge ( my hand ) and there was quite a air stream going. So I am thinking they didn't melt into a solid block. They probably did separate from the housing though. All I care about is that they pass inspection.

One day enough people will realize how much this myth about global warming is actually stealing from their wallet and we can go back to good old days of not having to deal with cats or egr valves dumping exhaust gas right back into our intakes. For once Id like to subject others to how I feel the world should work instead of the other way around..... See how they like it for a change.

Advanced Tuner
    When you are dealing with the Vortec distributor you have to keep in mind that the contacts cross inside the cap so that the wires go out the proper side rather than coming out the top like older HEI stuff.
    The cam offset/retard is one of the first things I check on those engines when they are havning problems. Most people don't realize how to reset them properly after doing intake work.

Hi Pitchblack,

Yeah I found out the hard way just how important cam offset is. Its my first rebuild and I am going through a rather steep learning curve. Its one damn thing after another. I really wish I would have gotten HPtuners before I took the engine apart........ Now I have no idea what is typical or not.